Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this good value?

• 04-08-2004 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right section but I can't think of anywhere other than afterhours so mods feel free to move this thread if appropriate.

I'm getting braces for the second time due to some a$$hole punching me eight years ago when I was fifteen and knocking my newly straightened teeth out of place. Thankfully it's only my bottom teeth which need fixing up and the main reason I'm only getting around to doing this now is because the enamel on my bottom two incissors is actually wearing down due to them sticking up slightly and grating off the underside of my top teeth. Of course aesthetically my bottom teeth will look perfect again when the work is finished which is great.

I'm getting this work done up North in Belfast because everyone says it's cheaper up there so I'm asking anyone who might know what they think of a price of £1650 sterling for the work to be completed by March 2005 (I'm going travelling for a year then). I'm having a brace fitting to my bottom teeth and a retainer (which won't be visible) fitted to my upper teeth to stop me biting off the bottom brace at night!

I've already commited myself to this and paid £350 yesterday to have impressions done and I'm travelling up North in two weeks time to have the upper retainer fitted. After that once I have the bottom brace in place I will have to travel up there every 3-4 weeks for tightening. I'm pretty sure that I'm getting good value even when taking travel expenses into account (€30 petrol there and back or €35 return train fare) and I'd just like to see what others think who've had work done down here and what it involved and the cost etc...

Cheers in advance. :)

Giles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Well at least I'm all the wiser now... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

You'll always find it cheaper somewhere else, but you won't get cheaper down here. Go for it. Have a look around. If you do find a cheaper price afterwards, don't worry. Just grin and bear it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

try ebay...

they've got everything dont ye know! :rolleyes:

did anyone ever hear of the hypnotherapy thing you can get done to straighten your teeth... friend of mine is getting it done, and it works too!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I know a kid who's getting them for the first time to straighten their teeth and
    the kids parents were saying it is gonna cost them something in the reigon of
    €4k - €5k for the whole lot.. mind you they dont have ti travel any major
    distance but thats because there is an orthadonthist (sp?) in their area...

So Id say after it all, you will have saved a few quid alright...

Tox

VinnyL wrote:
    try ebay...

they've got everything dont ye know! :rolleyes:

did anyone ever hear of the hypnotherapy thing you can get done to straighten your teeth... friend of mine is getting it done, and it works too!

You serious VinnyL? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Lisapeep

I'd be very skeptical about that! Does your mind move your teeth or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

get the dude that punched you to do it again and he might straighten them up and undo his handy work :D:D:D

Haha, if I could find him again or if I even know who the hell he was I'd do the sensible thing and sue his sorry ass.... :D

Advertisement