Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about loans

Options
  • 04-08-2004 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hello,
    I am starting college soon enough. I will need some money, I may require to take out a small loan. How do i get a loan, do i need credit rating etc. I am stuck in a world of unknown. Fee's are due in towards end of september for college how long does it take to get money etc. do i need to apply asap or what.

I have no idea's about loans etc. all help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Go talk to your bank. They'll probably (read almost definitely) require your parents or an older sibling to guarantee the loan. That means they sign the loan as well and in the event that you don't pay it back then they are responsible. They'll also rerquire a rough idea of when you want ot repay the loan. If that's going to be 4 years down the road when you finish then you may have some problems. But talk to your bank. They'll explain everything to you if you just ask.

Advertisement