Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Phones

Options
  • 04-08-2004 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Just a quick post with a few pics of some new phones...

Sharp V902 (3G): 2 megapixel camera
    1, 2, 3 & 4

Sharp GX-25: a clam-shell version of the GX-15
    1 & 2

Panasonic X400: budget camera phone
    1 & 2. Again a few more pics for size comparison... 3, 4 & 5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I like the V902 for some reason (not into clam shells) and 2 megapixel isn't to be sniffed at on a phone...

I don't like the look of the other 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tis pretty safe to assume that is going to be the GX40 then..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

Acquired a Nokia 6630 the other day, very nice.
    It's series 60 and has a megapixel camera (1.3 I think).
    Has some interesting looking features on the menu - most of which crash the phone when you access them. The software is flakier than a 99 at the moment.

manchine wrote:
    Acquired a Nokia 6630 the other day, very nice.
    It's series 60 and has a megapixel camera (1.3 I think).
    Has some interesting looking features on the menu - most of which crash the phone when you access them. The software is flakier than a 99 at the moment.

Was about to ask ya where you bought it.... Bing!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

My little brother's just got the Sagem MyV55, a newer version of the MYV65. The camera is a bit different, the screen is smaller but it looks nicer. There's also the MYV75 which has video but is only available on bill pay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

Was about to ask ya where you bought it.... Bing!!!!! :rolleyes:

'Tis naught but a test version. Bits of it think it's a 6600, others that it's a 7610.
    It is nice to see things like 'video call' in some of the menus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

I just got a Samsung E700 last week on sim Free. not many around as far as i can tell. I must say it is by far the best phone i have ever had, I got rid of a Moto V525 for it the camer is sweet as a nut, quality is great, also has a 15 multi shot mode?? why i dunno but who cares, Night shot mode and in built special effects for when you take pictures also, Sketch/Emboss etc...

Sounds on the poly ringers are great as is the External OLED display.

Overall a great new phone. Samsung now on for me..

check out from here http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/samsung-e700.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Robot

can anyone recommend a really slick new phone for me? I was looking at the motorola v80 but im not sure if its a little too camp. Im just looking for something that hopefully not a lot of people will have aswell. Would it be worth my while waiting for a few months until the newest 3g phones go on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hey Robot, try the E700, fantastic phone with loads of praise.

just an idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭FT77

has anyone got one ?

any comments on it ?

i'm looking for one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

6630 is only out for testing etc. not for end users - Nokia gave a "Fourth quarter 2004" guide for launch... so you can hold off your search for a bit...

plus x amount of time before you see it available from an operator here. where x can be any amount of time depending on testing, if they wait until offering 3G handset support on the networks.... etc...

ok thanks DubWireless.... i'm going to get one asap..... i've been looking on eBay for a genuine Nokia 6630 to get listed !!! :rolleyes:

Lovely phone !

Yeah will be selling by 7610 when the 6630 comes out.. Looks like a little beaut of a phone, cant wait!

just saw this on the Nokia site, its the Nokia 6650 .....

its like a cross between a Nokia 6610i & a Nokia 6310i ...... BUT with an aerial :eek: ....... ?

it has a cool slide up/down cover for the camera on the back ! :)

FT77 wrote:
    just saw this on the Nokia site, its the Nokia 6650 .....

its like a cross between a Nokia 6610i & a Nokia 6310i ...... BUT with an aerial :eek: ....... ?

it has a cool slide up/down cover for the camera on the back ! :)

Wouldnt pay any attention to that to be honest.. Was playing with that about 18 months ago. Very crap phone by todays standards..

Wouldnt pay any attention to that to be honest.. Was playing with that about 18 months ago. Very crap phone by todays standards..

ah yeah i know that..... it just i was on the site in the US and its called a Nokia 6651 ???? over there and its listed in their top 10 of newly released phones ????

and i do agree it does look like a crap phone.... but i was just puzzled why Nokia has released a phone with an aerial...... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yeah, seen a few of them about at work (6650), and they looked pretty bulky for what they are.

i like the v80 though, and possibly the v3, but the jury's still out on it until it's properly available over here.

i was wondering about the campness of the v80 myself, so i've held off buying one till i can have a play in a shop somewhere first.

got a 3100 at the mo tho, and it's doing me grand for now, although I could do with a cameraphone at this stage.

Yeah will be selling by 7610 when the 6630 comes out.. Looks like a little beaut of a phone, cant wait!

I just rang Nokia product information in the USA. And i was asking the very helpful guy when was the Nokia 6630 been released.... he said not in the new future anyway, he said i hasn't even gone into production "yet" .... i asked him when will it be available ? ... he said it would be released in europe first (maybe 6 months) ! :D

he also said that at the moment AT & T is the only network in the US that can support this phone and AT & T can only support it in 6 cities in the entire US ? :eek:

Which one of these is the Samsung P400 ?

p400.jpg
    found on google ......

or

this in the carphonewarehouse sept 04 issue ?????? Which i think is wrong !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

FT77 wrote:
    Which one of these is the Samsung P400?

the top one - you can check it out on the Samsung website

BrianG

• Advertisement

the top one - you can check it out on the Samsung website

BrianG

yeah i knew it was that one from the search i done on google....... :D

cheers DubWireless.........

I was trying to ring the carphone warehouse today on 4 of their numbers but i couldn't get trough or it just rang out :rolleyes: ......

the pic i attached is from their september mag !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fons

I have a Sony Ericsson T230
    It's a very cool phone (with a color screen)

Fons wrote:
    I have a Sony Ericsson T230
    It's a very cool phone (with a color screen)

Yeah it's a nice phone, but i hate those camera attachment yolks - :(

Sony_Ericsson_T230-Camera_MCA30_Dog_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Fons

FT77 wrote:
    Yeah it's a nice phone, but i hate those camera attachment yolks - :(

Sony_Ericsson_T230-Camera_MCA30_Dog_2.jpg

I don't have a camera on it,
    But still, I really like it! :D:D

Advertisement