Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Sad day

Options
  • 22-01-2001 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

This is probably all over the other forums but BarrysWorld is going to close at the end of January. That means a large amount of euro tribes servers will dissapear overnight, as well as the bwtl and their forums frown.gif
    Of course, it also means that when T2 is released there wont be a huge focal point for it in europe.
    The one bright spot is that it means that netshop and ign will be busier smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

theyll have to when t2 comes out smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

This has been coming for ages. Im more worried about what it means for the future of Planetarion...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, when you build up a nice large planet, you dont want it to go down the tubes.
    if it does, im gonna make sure my 20 million doesnt go to waste smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Yup, looking forward for when ppl will start using IGN hmmmmmm lovely high pinged brits... smile.gif

Maybe the IGN can take down thier few QW servers and slap up loads of real game servers like tribes and CS instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Touch us QWer's servers and yer toast! tongue.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Bleh! I was on about 3 million when a fairly small alliance attacked me. My galaxy of course sent their fleets to defend, and we would have taken them easily. It turns out the head of this alliance is a friend of one of the Legion top-dogs, so when he sees that his attack might not work he gets legion to threaten my GC. Legion informed my GC that if my galaxy didnt stop defending me immediately, they would destroy our entire galxy. Rip us up completely, like. So my GC got everyone to retreat.

They came, they screwed me over completely, and they left leaving me with only shreds of my PDS, my war cruisers and my battleships. Heres the funny bit - they only took about 5 roids altogether! Out of about 2k pods, my laser turrets knocked most of them out in the first tick, and my battleships and daggers finished most of the rest of them off.

So I was left minus about 2 million score, at about 900k with virtually no fleet or PDS, but with 130 roids... but i actually havent been attacked since! Im doing alright now actually.

What are your co-ords WWMan?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

pa will be ok cause the moved it 2 another server smile.gif

Advertisement