Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goin on a cruise

Options
  • 04-08-2004 11:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭

I was playing online at Ladbrokes there last week and entered one of those express multi table tournaments where you atart with 100 chips and blinds increase every 60 seconds. Anyway, I got through that and won a ticket to a $74 entry tournament that it turned out was another satelite although I did not realise that when I entered the first tournament. I got down to the final table in that tournament also, which was probably my best ever result as there were a couple of hundred players in this one, and this won me a ticket for a $700 tournament. This was on on Sunday, and had about 75 entries. The last 11 won 2 tickets for a cruise in October each. The climax of this cruise in a $3500 entry tournament with a prize fund of $700K, I also won two tickets for this. So myself and my brother are heading off for a week of sun and poker. Anyone else out there who plays on Ladbrokes should check out the multi table tournaments for qualifiers for this as I think they will be running for a while longer. Be nice to have a few more freindly faces about the place.

At least knowing I had won that made the walk of shame on Monday a bit easier :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Well fricking done. Did you play many of those 100 chip tourneys? They piss me off something rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Thats incredible. Great stuff. I read about them on cardplayer a lot and they sound massive craic. Enjoy and best of luck in the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Well fricking done. Did you play many of those 100 chip tourneys? They piss me off something rotten.

I normally avoid them to be honest. they are pure luck, if you get a hand in the first two deals you will do well. But I fancied somehting short and bloody and thought one of those would fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Congrats! Where's the cruise?
    They sound like great fun, but I've heard that you need a savage bankroll to play in the cash games on those cruises, so start saving!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

the standard in the $700 must have been savage!?

amazing to get your tickets after all that, well done!

• Advertisement

Cheers Karl, standard was pretty good alright. When it got down to bubble position we must have played for almost a full hour with 12 people waiting for someone to make a mistake. Eventually someone got impatient and went all in with A 3 against A K. He did not need to go in at all, he was pretty comfortable with chips, and he went all in against a bigger stack so that was a bad play but someone was going to make a bad play at some stage and I was just glad it was not me.

Cheers for the warning Krusty, I win a free holiday so you let me know it could be the most expensive holiday I ever have! Just what I wanted to hear :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Well ******* played Waylander, I went out on the bubble on one of the Satalites only $2, but I was totally disheartned after all the work I put in and to top things off, I went out on KK.......

Gonna give another one a shot.

Really wanna get on that boat!!

One in 5 mins... wish me luck!

ahh dear, went out 100 chips tourney, lost to KJ, i had AJ.... and yes there was no K on the board and there was a J..... .me grinds teeth

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Waylander wrote:
    Cheers for the warning Krusty, I win a free holiday so you let me know it could be the most expensive holiday I ever have! Just what I wanted to hear :D

:D It could also be the cheapest holiday you ever have - just don't play cards! Joking aside, I don't have any first hand experience, just what I read in Anthony Holden's book - Big Deal, where he described his experience of a poker cruise. A lot of the players will be paying there way on the cruise and will likely be well flush.. Just think of it as greater earning potential. :cool:

So where is the cruise?

I think the only people on this cruise will have won it through Ladbrokes, and I gather that most people who won tickets with me had also won satelites to get to the $700 tournie so hopefully some of the other players will be around the same level as me. The cruise start in Venice and heads for Istanbul via Greece coming back via Dubrovnik. Does anyone know what the weather is like in those parts in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

well done.

yeah the weather will be amazing. just back from croatia.
    but i doubt you'll actually get off the ship to see any of it!!!

slick

• Advertisement
Advertisement