Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Cards - €10 min charge - Legal?

Options
  • 04-08-2004 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I know this subject has been mentioned b4, but i cant seem to find it,

Are ships allowed have a minimum charge when buying good by laser card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

As far as I can see on Laser's website here, there is no minimum laser transaction. You should email laser directly and ask them. If they say its against their contract, you can report the ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Wanton wrote:
    Are ships allowed have a minimum charge when buying good by laser card?
    Whatever about ships(!), many retailers insist on a minimum charge, often €5, because they incur a transaction charge with the bank evertime you use it and with small transactions, the fee just gobbles their margin.

That said I don't know what the standard merchant agreement issued by the banks says.

I don't think there is any legal obligaiton to accept any particular form of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yup - AFAIK, they can say there is a X amount minimum on card transactions, nothing to stop them at all.

Advertisement