Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

oh my God it's the worst book ever do yourself a favour and read the Sun it's a far more intelligent read

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

LOL, true ^ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 upmayo

Take it as it is "Fiction" and enjoy it for that and dont let the religious right get up your nose because they are displeased about some of the facts in the book!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Rosser wrote:
    oh my God it's the worst book ever do yourself a favour and read the Sun it's a far more intelligent read
    I heard on BBC R4 that when you do a word analysis of the Sun you get a reading age of 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Ardent wrote:
    Lord help us. What kind of books do you normally read?!
    LMAO!:)

'tis true the book is ****e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

dearg_doom wrote:
    LMAO!:)

'tis true the book is ****e!

Ok, it's not going to change your life, but for a couple of hours of relaxing chewing gum for the eyeballs his books work. Sometimes i just want sometime not too challenging, to switch the critical, over-thinking parts of my brain off and chill for a while. The writing's not the best, but the plot moves along quickly and they're a fast read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

cuckoo wrote:
    Ok, it's not going to change your life, but for a couple of hours of relaxing chewing gum for the eyeballs his books work. Sometimes i just want sometime not too challenging, to switch the critical, over-thinking parts of my brain off and chill for a while. The writing's not the best, but the plot moves along quickly and they're a fast read.

True. I can't understand why people get so worked up about this book.
    The snobbery here is something to behold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭axtradub12

My opinion only that it was crap. Another get rich fad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I really didn't like the book.It was an easy read and the story was mildly captivating but I did not enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

It's stolen from 2 other books: "Foucalt's Pendulum" by Umberto Eco and "the Da Vinci Problem" [a very, very similiar book] - and then dissolved into something like 105 tiny chapters.

It is 99% fiction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement