Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impossible to log in with Mozilla Firefox

Options
  • 04-08-2004 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having this problem logging in with Mozilla Firefox:

No matter where I try to log in, either on the main page or elsewhere on the site, after I type my username and password and either hit Return or the login button, the password disappears from the password field and I get a "wrong username/password" error...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Always worked for me both in latest version of Firefox and Mozilla

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Password disappears alright, but it logs me in fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

I was having this problem immediately after the vBulletin 3 upgrade, but then I realised I was still on Firefox 0.9. Once I upgraded to 0.9.2 the problem has gone away, for whatever reason I don't know. Are you on 0.9.2 now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

robbie1876 wrote:
    I was having this problem immediately after the vBulletin 3 upgrade, but then I realised I was still on Firefox 0.9. Once I upgraded to 0.9.2 the problem has gone away, for whatever reason I don't know. Are you on 0.9.2 now?
    Was still using 0.8 - upgrading to 0.9.3 solved the problem...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm running on 0.8 and haven't had a problem 0_o .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

CuLT wrote:
    I'm running on 0.8 and haven't had a problem 0_o .

What he said.

(By the way why are we not allowed post messages of less than 10 characters in length?)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Went to 0.92 recently as well - solved it for me too :)

Have had problems with boards.ie with my NTL cable broadband connection. Have to use a proxy for it to work ok :(
    vinnyfitz wrote:
    (By the way why are we not allowed post messages of less than 10 characters in length?)

Yeah, stupid rule :mad:

E.g. in the for sale forum if you put in an offer a message of "€10" (sans quotes) would do...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

0.8 works aok here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

vinnyfitz wrote:

probably to stop all the "LOL" posts on humour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Using 0.93, works fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Yeah but the Mozilla Password manager used to log in directly so that when the page loaded you were already logged in. Now it doesnt even put in the password.
    Took me a while to remember what my bloody password was :o:o

Advertisement