Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes

Options
  • 18-02-2001 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

I hear Tribes is good and i plan on getting it . What specs dya need and what kinda ping would yah get on a 56k modem?

i hope people still check this boards smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

For tribes 1, a regular pc should do you. with a good graphics card.
    The netcode is very good, and with a 56k, you should find lots of servers that are playable.

Tribes 2 isnt out yet, no idea what the ping will be like, and noone knows for sure what spec you need.

Get Tribes 1 tho, its quite cheap at this stage, and its good practise for T2 , plus its the best fps around smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

sounds good to me cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Expect Tribes 2 the day after you die.

I've seen some ****ed up **** in my time here: ani_u_tan_kun.gifThunderingMike ani_marco.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

crap thats a day too late for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

According to the shops release date its out sometime this month should have been early this month so NOT LONG NOW KIDDIES!! wink.gif

Quothe the Raven, "JennyRooba!" ;D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ill believe it when i see it.
    I guessed March at xmas, im guessing late april now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Im thinking early April. For the American release, anyway.

A

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Why are they doing an American release before Europe *AGAIN*? They should have a worldwide release date. I bet the Americans will have all the good nicknames etc registered before we can!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I think that was the original idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I have 2 copies pre-ordered..

ebay here I come smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Ok Unfortunately I dont know where i saw them and cant post them i will have a look BUT...I saw the minimum requirements for Tribes 2 and they aint that much so all those with voodoo 3s are ok for sure. Ill go mad now to find them and post them in a new topic. Just for you guys wink.gif

Quothe the Raven, "JennyRooba!" ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i'v played tribes for a year, the game will blow you away once you get the hang of it.
    tribes 2 is going gold anytime now , so it
    should be out in early too late april.( i hope )..
    this link will give you a run down of tribes 2 , dont bother paying £25- £35 for tribes 1
    when tribes 2 will be out soon for £35 , especialy when tribes 1 has no protection wink.gif

http://www.tribalwar.com/Inside_T2/InsideT2.shtml

Advertisement