Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Fleet Command 3 Problem

• 04-08-2004 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

I recently got a loan of this game off a friend of mine. I still can't get it working correctly. I downloaded the Fix for getting the game to recongise DirectX 9. The loads fine but when you start playing the "in-ship" graphics are being done correct. I tried loading the most recent patch but for various reasons i can't load it. Any suggetions??

System Spec:
    Pentium 4 3GHz
    RAM 256MB
    Hard Disk: 80GB - 40GB free approx
    Grphics Card: NVidia Gforce2 MX420 64MB (I think) with latest drivers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

I empathise. Never have I played a more tempermental game.

Follow these steps and hopefully it will help.

1. Install the game.
    2. Do NOT install the dx9 fix. All patches since 1.1b have it.
    3. Install the latest patch. (534b or something absurd like that)
    4. Play (at least thats the plan).

If that doesn't work, then it's a driver issue. If you really want to play it, then you'll have to experiment with using different driver revisions. It's not really worth it though, it's not a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i just cant be arsed playing it anymore too much trouble ! :rolleyes: so i just play elite forces 2 if i need a fix :D

Advertisement