Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shefflin making good progress after Gerry Quinn's thuggery

• 04-08-2004 3:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭

GOOD NEWS THANK GOD

The chances of Henry Shefflin lining out in Sunday's All-Ireland hurling semi-final against Waterford are increasing by the day as he continues to recover from the eye injury he sustained in last Saturday's replay against Clare.

As everyone probably now knows he underwent emergency surgery at the Ardkeen Hospital in Waterford on Saturday night after being felled by a double blow from Clare's Gerry Quinn's hurl in the closing stages of Saturday's game. During the 90-minute operation, damage to a tear duct on the lower eyelid was repaired.

Shefflin is now understandably anxious to put the incident behind him.

“The injury is improving and the progress over the last two days has been very good,” he said.
    “I want to put the incident behind me. I don't want the injury to shift the focus from the game.”

Hopefully it'll be Henry v Ken McGrath in a sporting game between 2 hurling sides on Sunday in Croker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭country_gurl

he may have a cracked cheekbone... went 4 xray yesterday and waiting for results 2day. Goin up 2 see the boys 2nite :D

Advertisement