Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub-Exchange in Adalade Road

Options
  • 04-08-2004 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Does anyone know about "sub-exchanges"? For months, I was onto eircom to try and get my line re-tested as it was coming up as a "Fail" when I did it on the web but when one of the eircom broadband sales people did their test, it would say "no test result available". They would then tell me that they would send a request for an engineer to retest the line. After 2 months of checking back getting the same thing (no test result - "we'll request a line test"), I was eventually told that while my exchange was enabled (SHIP STREET - DUBLIN). I was actually connected to a "sub-exchange" (ADALADE ROAD) which is not enabled and there are no plans to upgrade it :( . Becuase SHIP STREET comes up on the trigger-program when I try to vote to bring broadband to my area, it means I can't vote for adalade road! Anyone have any ideas on my chances of passing the suitability test if I ordered a new line? (probably slim I know).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Adelaide Rd. is due to launched within the next few weeks. Keep looking here, and as soon as it's done, I'll leave a post.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭HarcourtGreen

Cool! Thanks!

Advertisement