Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook queries & musings...

Options
  • 04-08-2004 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Ladies & Gentlemen,

My iBoss (idiot boss), has asked me to see if there's any way of getting outlook to display an icon in the inbox beside emails from certain accounts - e.g. the IS dept (me) would have a little disk beside their emails, sales would have a € beside theirs etc.

He also wants email templates we can send out but outlook doesn't handle templates the way other office components do.

Does anyone know of a way to do what he wants before I strangle him with his ipod cable or if product(s) is available to do it ?

When he asked me what my objectives were for this week I almost replied, "Buy a golf and a mac and an ipod & be just like you". I doubt he would have seen the irony though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

he could setup filters so all emails from differnet dept (so different addresses) get automatically put in different folders - or are highlighted different colours. But I haven't heard of the icon thing. Tell him he can shove his icons up his back-passage. Its seems a bit infantile to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Its seems a bit infantile to me.

You've met him then...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

iMax wrote:
    You've met him then...
    lol
    i think in our own way we've ALL met iBoss.

*edit*
    oh and why the f*ck is he using outlook on a mac???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Outlook is for everyone else... Just him on a mac

Advertisement