Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zakk Wylde demo

Options
  • 04-08-2004 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Ever wonder how Zakk landed the Ozzy gig? No, me neither but this site has a copy of the demo he sent in that got him an audition.

I think he'd being playing about 5 years at this stage.

http://www.sdmfworldwide.com/zakk1987demo.htm

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Didn't Zakk deal drugs to Ozzy for a while in order to get noticed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

that dealing drugs post is one of the stupidest silliest thins ive ever seen, zakk as far as i know was never into that. he drinks a **** load alright but as a dealer no chance. how copuld a 19year old end up as a dealer for ozzy. he played in some bands and sent in an audition tape to ozzy, ozzy saw his picture and figured he was some kid pretending to be randy rhoads, somehow anway they ended up meeting or ozzy saw his band and hired him. thats roughly it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

That was quite impressive.Especially the classical guitar, mainly because I didnt think he would be that good at it tbh

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

dimerocks wrote:
    that dealing drugs post is one of the stupidest silliest thins ive ever seen, zakk as far as i know was never into that. he drinks a **** load alright but as a dealer no chance. how copuld a 19year old end up as a dealer for ozzy. he played in some bands and sent in an audition tape to ozzy, ozzy saw his picture and figured he was some kid pretending to be randy rhoads, somehow anway they ended up meeting or ozzy saw his band and hired him. thats roughly it anyway
    Well thats what I've been made aware of. It might and might not be true.

Savage guitarist though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I thought Ozzy had try outs with a few quitarists and Zakk had all the Sabbath and Ozzy stuff down. Personally I thing he sounds a lot more Rhoads like on these demos, than he does now. His sound is very different now. Anyone that can play that Rhoads stuff has to be able to play some classical licks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ah ya he is unreally, some of his classical stuff is mad. speedball, t.a.z and takilia are the three ones that i can instanly think of and takilia is spelt wrong but its on hangover music if that helps. suggest you get them tracks.very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

I never heard that Joe Holmes guy so I can't speak for him, but if Ozzy has done one thing right consistently over the years its discovering amazing guitarists. Rhoads, Lee(you don't hear his best stuff on the Ozzy albums), Wylde - all legends. If only the music had always been of such high standard...

I never heard that Joe Holmes guy so I can't speak for him, but if Ozzy has done one thing right consistently over the years its discovering amazing guitarists. Rhoads, Lee(you don't hear his best stuff on the Ozzy albums), Wylde - all legends. If only the music had always been of such high standard...

I always like Jake E Lee. What other albums of his are good? I have a solo one somewhere I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

RicardoSmith,
    he put together a heavy blues-rock band called Badlands after leaving Ozzy. They released 3 albums, best of which IMO is the 1st(self-titled), but a lot of people prefer the 2nd, Voodoo Highway. If you download music, try "Winter's Call" or "Rumblin' Train".

RicardoSmith,
    he put together a heavy blues-rock band called Badlands after leaving Ozzy. They released 3 albums, best of which IMO is the 1st(self-titled), but a lot of people prefer the 2nd, Voodoo Highway. If you download music, try "Winter's Call" or "Rumblin' Train".

I have Voodoo Highway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement