Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binary bastards. (see my clever use of alliteration)

Options
  • 04-08-2004 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

As we've all (by this I mean me) noticed the piss annoying use of binary in the threads. So, I'll be brief. F*CKING STOP!!!!!! We can all count to 0 and 1. Some of us can count to 2 and even 3. Thats why we're talented youth. Yes, I am aware that computers would't work without binary, and no, I dont really care. I propose that the use of binary in this forum be punishable by a torrent of abuse, and/or abusive threads towards the offender. Possibly, if I can get moderater support, even a temporary ban for offenders? Could those of us who are normal please show support and help restore the last morcel of sanity in my life?? Thank you.

Ps. Any 'clever', 'special' people that use binary in an unfunny ironic way in this thread, I will hunt down and shoot. (ust in the legs mind, I wouldn't want to kill anyone, just cripple them for life.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Agreed. Binary is evil. None of us understand it(well except the few eejits that use it) so stop it. We dont care if you're saying something really funny, if you want to, say it in english.
    So stop. Please stop. For the love of whatever, stop. Wont someone please think of the children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Agreed, Binary is annoying. the most annoying thing actually, as you have to open a translator, or be that nerdy. Table of annoyance:

1. Binary
    2. Foreign languages
    3. Corrupted english, ie txt and l33t

I know people may give out to me for grouping txt and l33t, but frankly they're the same thing. If you use them regularly, they are easy to understand. If not they're annoying. How about we all speak in english, at least till we teach l33t sp34k to the n00bs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

methinks you harbour a secret love for l33t sp34k and this is why you're so adamant to use it at every occasion...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Je suis d'accord aved Raphael, c'est vrai que les langues comme txt et 1337 sont stupide , mais pour les mots de passes, 1337 est vraiment tres utiles. :)

Raphael wrote:
    Agreed, Binary is annoying. the most annoying thing actually, as you have to open a translator, or be that nerdy. Table of annoyance:

1. Binary
    2. Foreign languages
    3. Corrupted english, ie txt and l33t

I know people may give out to me for grouping txt and l33t, but frankly they're the same thing. If you use them regularly, they are easy to understand. If not they're annoying. How about we all speak in english, at least till we teach l33t sp34k to the n00bs

please. do. not. teach. us. l33t. sp34k. ever. english. is. easier. so. lets. just. keep. it. that. way. or. else. i. will. be. forced. to. do. this. all. the. time. hence. causing. anger. to. me. because. it. wastes. my. time.

• Advertisement

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    Je suis d'accord aved Raphael, c'est vrai que les langues comme txt et 1337 sont stupide , mais pour les mots de passes, 1337 est vraiment tres utiles. :)

yeah. not that i understood that, well i got the general gist. i speak german though. and i'll speak it all the time here to annoy you all if you dont stop with the binary!!

mindboggle.jpg

Well I speak german aswell so meh. Anyways, above gathering card says it all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

NeoSlicerZ wrote:

Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up SHUT THE F*UCK UP!!!

Je n'aime pas des Francais

ah but do you speak spanish/italian/japanese? because I'll mix them all up, using phrases from them all to confuse you.
    and who cares if you speak german as long as you dont use binary......

mocca mocca su su ama

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

grrrr damn binary bastards pooluting the world with all their binary talk. Grrr. Hey raphael wassup with u against all this texting type of talking. Its just so damn faster i couldnt be arsed changing all my ways just to make u happy. IM only a n00b so i ave so much t!me 2 l34rn. Roflmao. hehehehehehehhe.

I propose to the binary people to be chained up and tickled with feathers for eternity.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭emptyspoon

I think I speak for us all when I say Binary!Binary! Emotion!Emotion! *eratic hand movements*

Okay maybe just the art.des class then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

I agree with most of the above (specifically txt speak, *shudder*), but..
    pinkpimp wrote:
    Could those of us who are normal please show support

you know this is a ctyi forum right?

Lil' Jesus wrote:
    I agree with most of the above (specifically txt speak, *shudder*), but..

you know this is a ctyi forum right?

Oh That's Cold! Really, Really Cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What's the fun in being normal?

Since when is someone being normal a good thing??
    uh oh..
    Is this the ctyi forum??

*looks at the top of the page*

So it would appear

Guess What?

Raphael wrote:
    Guess What?

Must.....resist....moronic.....urge....

what?

DAMNIT!!

Yeah....:p

I'm just saying that everyone trying to be different means that they are conforming....in a way. Being 'normal' isn't necessarily a bad thing. And who decides what 'normal' is anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Normal is what most people are. Being different because you are being yourself is good. Trying to be different because it's cool is stupid. And kinda normal, for teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

I'm just saying that everyone trying to be different means that they are conforming....in a way. Being 'normal' isn't necessarily a bad thing. And who decides what 'normal' is anyway?

D'ya want a pedantic, philosophical debate on this one dearest?

Anyhoo, agreed with general gist of the thread. Binary is bad (mesa has clever use of alliteration too), txt is terrible (i'm on a role) and foreign languages are frankly...foolish? (aww yeah!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

AAARRRRGHHH another damn debate*alliteration!*.
    I've said it once and I'll say it again....
    You're all master debaters

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

my head hurts.

the message is good. but this thread is locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement