Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie troubles!!!

Options
  • 04-08-2004 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

I've been a member of boards for a while now and seem to have the same problem occur everytime I go onto boards!! I cannot move off it!! I can't go back or to different address or any of my favourites or anythin!! I do be just stuck on boards!! all I can do is close the window and click IE and I go back to my homepage to start again!! can anyone help me?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

So, what's your problem?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

hmm you only got 28 posts though...am I don't think anyone can help you really only yourself...I go on it but i can go off it when i want...you need to help yourself and go out and play when you think its enough...give an hour an evening or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Ah, my boards.ie hijacker seems to be working. Bwuh hu ha haa!

On a more realistic note (:p) try running some spyware removal tools, i doubt it'll help, but its worth a shot. Try Spybot saerch and destroy, Hijack this, and Adaware.

Wtf, is he like addicted to boards or has he got a technical problem...he should have that made more clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

technical problem, he litereally cannot leave the www.boards.ie server (at least, that what i think :p).

You cuold also try reinstalling the lastest service pack for IE to see if that helps, or reinstalling windows :P

If all eles fails, try a different brower like FireFox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Use mozilla/firefox!!!
    *runs away laughing*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

SantaHoe wrote:
    Use mozilla/firefox!!!
    *runs away laughing*
    mwhahahahaha, we have him under our control* (*almost)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......................................
    not an addiction or any of the other silly things mentioned!!!!
    it's a technical problem!!!
    at least I think so!!!!!!
    seriously though I've got spybot and adware and run them both every day or so!!
    it's only a brand new shiny out of the box pc and has the latest updated versions of everything on!!! I check for updates all the time!! (not literally)
    anyway has anyone had or has the same problem please your help will be great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Just use opera or Mozilla. ;)

smokey2 wrote:
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......................................
    not an addiction or any of the other silly things mentioned!!!!
    it's a technical problem!!!
    at least I think so!!!!!!
    seriously though I've got spybot and adware and run them both every day or so!!
    it's only a brand new shiny out of the box pc and has the latest updated versions of everything on!!! I check for updates all the time!! (not literally)
    anyway has anyone had or has the same problem please your help will be great!!
    phew i thought people were going mad.

Ok well i would recommend using Hijack this and getting rid of start up items.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/dlnow/dlnow.dll?Inc=No&ID=106738

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

hi there!! used hijack this and a few others(ad-aware, spybot search and destroy) and boards seems to be fine now!! yay!! thing is now (since doin all this) my ebay and lots of my other "favourites" won't work!! they either won't respond, I get a white screen or error 408 comes up!! any ideas as I'm really fed up of it at this stage!! thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

wrote:
    You probably cleared all in hijack this then. Open it and restore the backup and do scan again and only remove things that look suspicious

Advertisement