Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorhead/sepultura november

Options
  • 04-08-2004 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

I still cant believe this gig is going ahead

Wednesday, November 3rd BELFAST Ulster Hall (supported by SEPULTURA)
    Thursday, November 4th DUBLIN The Olympia (supported by SEPULTURA)
    Friday, November 5th WATERFORD South (supported by SEPULTURA)
    Saturday, November 6th KERRY INEC (supported by SEPULTURA)

and 4 irish dates??? anyone know when the tickets are going on sale :D:):D

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Wheres my town?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

was sure i posted someithng up ages ago aboput this. i really can't wait not a big motorhead fan love seps. gonna bring all my stuff to get signed!!cept the max stuff thats foolish.catch them last year??missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Eggs-ellent.Im not too big a fan of the stuff with Derek but the stuff with max had such an energy about it, so I think I'll give them a gander in the Olympia

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I went to see these guys in the sfx many years ago, Paradise Lost supported
    that was one fantastic gig
    I stopped following them once max left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Beruthiel wrote:

You bitch! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    You bitch! :D:D

thanks honey
    did I mention what a rockin' gig it was? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

:mad:

hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭princess penny

Thought I'd pop in to add, Paulo Jr is the sexiest bass player ever, apart from me that is!

i think derek is fantastic. people should give him more of a chance i think, against is one of my favorite albums ever purely because of what it stands for.great singer revolusongs is probly my fav thing they have done with him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Beruthiel wrote:
    thanks honey
    did I mention what a rockin' gig it was? :D

Did I mention I was at the Brixton gig the night Max left?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Beruthiel wrote:
    I stopped following them once max left

ahaha I was at that too, we met the old fat drummer from PL and went to Fibbers with him for a few pints, Sepultura ruled that night, December 2nd 1992 or 1993 I think it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sweet mother of divine mercy, the baby Jesus, and the donkey on toast with mustard! Motorhead! Eek! Must See! Will kill for ticket! Want ticket NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I believe I may saunter to this gig, if I have enough money after the following gigs are paid for and attended by lil old me :)

18/10 - Mastodon - Whelans
    26/10 - Krisiun / Behemoth / Incantation / Ragnarok - Whelans
    06/11 - Rotting Christ - Whelans
    09/11 - Suffocation / Insision - The Village
    04/12 - Deicide - The Village (not fully confirmed yet)
    16/12 - Dissection - The Village

15/01 - Behemoth / Anata / Supreme Lord - Whelans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I believe I may saunter to this gig, if I have enough money after the following gigs are paid for and attended by lil old me :)

26/10 - Krisiun / Behemoth / Incantation / Ragnarok - Whelans
    06/11 - Rotting Christ - Whelans

See you there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Ph3n0m wrote:
    04/12 - Deicide - The Village (not fully confirmed yet)

didnt they cancel a recent concert?
    is this to make up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Beruthiel wrote:

great gig, i was there too!!!!
    rockon.gif

Later
    Macker

didnt they cancel a recent concert?
    is this to make up for it?

They did indeed cancel their last proposed gig here aswell as their appearance in Wacken - however as far as I know, that was with a different tour operator so hopefully they will play this time around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭princess penny

jmc wrote:

Oh so it's not on on the 4th in Olympia? I'm confused :confused:

tickets for this in killarny wont be for sale through ticketmaster will they??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Eep! It's well expensive though. I'd be amazed if Motorhead can fill Ulster Hall at £30 a ticket, although they may well fill the ambassador at €44 a head.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Just on Ticketmaster, Enterainment.ie & MCD and there are only 2 dates mentioned - Friday 5th in the Ambassador in Dublin & Saturday 6th in the Ulster Hall in Belfast.
    Also no mention of Sepultura on any of these sites.
    I hope they are playing or I don't know if I'll bother going considering I didn't bother watching Motorhead in Graspop...Not a bad band but not one of my favourites...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yeah, I really want to go to this but €44 is steep. Once I get the official confirmation that Sepultura are supporting, I may consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah, I really want to go to this but €44 is steep. Once I get the official confirmation that Sepultura are supporting, I may consider.

I cant believe peoples attitudes here.. motorhead are the most influencial metal band of all time in my opinion - inspiring the likes of metallica, iron maiden, etc €44 is quite cheap actually for motorhead/sepultura compared to €62 for metallica/slipknot

Repli wrote:
    I cant believe peoples attitudes here.. motorhead are the most influencial metal band of all time in my opinion - inspiring the likes of metallica, iron maiden, etc €44 is quite cheap actually for motorhead/sepultura compared to €62 for metallica/slipknot

absolutely, I mean with all the fantastic and I might add, cheap gigs we are getting towards the end of the year, Motorhead, is by far the most expensive gig I will be going to - Metallica for 62 euro could not be justified

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Repli wrote:

Perhaps this is why MCD and Aiken can charge what they like for concerts. Face it, I'm not the biggest Motörhead fan and I don't have €44 coming out of the droves, yet I'll try and make this gig.

Seems like the Killarney and Waterford gigs are up in the air at the moment. Revised dates from the official site;

04/11: Dublin Ambassador
    05/11: Dublin Ambassador
    06/11: Belfast Ulster Hall

sepultura have confirmed but there is nothing on their site.they will be hear, if you book them they will come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonko

Me and SuperConor and some other freinds are going :)

which venue you going too buddy??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

We are going to the gig in the unlster hall. Yeah 30 pounds for a ticket is pretty damn expensive, i expected to be paying about 20. Ah well, it should be worth it.

(W00t im posting this from a bar in Boston with my cousin!)

Advertisement