Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Broadband in Limerick

• 04-08-2004 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

You may have guessed I signed up the 3 month trial a couple of days ago.

Anyone else had any experience with it in Limerick, or any broadband in the city (I think I'm on the Caherdavin exchange)? Connection OK?

And what sort of modem do they give you these days? Do they actually give you ethernet ones or USB ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

Afaik it's a zytel modem, but it's both usb & ethernet ( ethernet being the prefered )

There is a recent post/posts that specify the model no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I had it when i was in limerick, got it in last october, moved out though in feb. It was grand. Good pings, constant connection, good speeds. Apparently the lads in the house had a problem with it a few weeks back where it stopped working for a week, something went wrong with at the exchange level i think. Appart from that, i would have no hesitation in recommending them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

I am on Caherdavin exchange with Eircom

Other than 2 days since April of no connection due to some exchange work everthing is working brilliantly.

The joys of a broadband connection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭cherrio

Job is correct, it is te Zytel USB/Ethernet modem. Easy to setup/install but not the most feature rich modem out there.

Oh ya, in case you were wondering, took about 10 days for modem to arrive after ordering (I ordered in around the 9th of July)

Advertisement