Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes 2 FPS

Options
  • 03-04-2001 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

OK, im starting to get very worried now. Ive been whoring on the TW forums and theres lots of very ****ed off people there. Some people with med end systems seem to get fine FPS, but from what i can see, most people who dont have systems that were out 2 weeks ago get 5fps. Ive seen posts from people with 1ghz cpu's and GF2 cards and 256k ram, and they get something like 15fps which drops to 2 once they duel or disc jump.
    I have a p3 500, tnt2 (prolly upgrade to gf2mx for the game) and 64mb ram (gonna up that too). Im worried that unless i buy some nasa supercomputer the game will run like ****e.
    Any of you guys whove played clear this up?
    Thanks

scoutshot.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dustaz:
    Ive seen posts from people with 1ghz cpu's and GF2 cards and 256k
    <---- tee heeee
    </font>

im sure 256k is more than enuff ram tongue.gif

On a serious note

i have pretty much same system as ur sef cept i have 192Mb ram and it playes fine
    granted ive only played the first level as im new at this jetpack lark but it plays grand at 1024*768 with 16bit colour alround
    fine with 3-4 enemies on the screen
    ill post more on it as i get into the more "active" levels

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I have mine set to max everything and it works fine.

Mine is 1.1GHz, 655MB, GeForce2 32MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

like wise, every thing is set to max and I have an amd 900, 128mb ram and an lousy 8mb vanta, I havnt had any problems.

Respect my Authoritia

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 04-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

My celeronII @ 900mhz and tnt2 is fine.

Advertisement