Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tribes/Tribes 2

Options
  • 04-04-2001 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭

Ok some more info about T2 Bomber is great fun. If you're the gunner you really need a good pilot to keep her steady tongue.gif and to keep your bomb target visible on the ground so you dont miss of course. The Wildcat(Grav Bike) is great fun I managed to ramp off a hill into their base right onto the flag a few times to just hop off grab it and speed off while being fired on by a tank biggrin.gif OWNAGE!!! wink.gif The Controls on the Shrike(Fighter) are ***** hard!!! but good fun as is the whole game. Which is better I really dont know tbh I love the speed and fast pace of T1 but I love the action in T2 and the graphics on explosions etc but T1 has a unique skill to it where the difference between a newbie and a r337 MoFo is extremely apparent where as with T2 i can't see it having that much of a distance between the tribed and the muppets. Post your viewz. Thanks.
    SpiraL

Quothe the Raven, "JennyRooba!" ;D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Yeah I remember playing tribes1 for like 4 months and killing on average one person a month... the level of skill between newbie and expert is ****in hugeeee.
    Although I reckon tribes2 may become like that even though I hear it's more balanced the weapons are still slow moving projectiles and take a while to reach target thus being quite **** when someones jetpacked 60 feet in the air BUT i'm sure the l33t crew will be able to shoot you down just like they can in T1. All it takes is 2 years of practice hehe

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Trur Hobbes but the whole feel of it seems very DM-ish to me but of course thats only pre-release conceptions once people get onto the servers We will all see the true Team effect because at the moment there are only about 2-5 players on all the euro servers wink.gif I had to go to an american one for a 32 player game and unfortunately it was just total Chaos much like DM in UT or summit. But when the two teams are playing like a team...Ive yet to encounter it and i look forward to it when i do!

Quothe the Raven, "JennyRooba!" ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I disagree, the experienced players you can tell by how they fly the ships or layout the base.

When you see a bomber flying high to avoid missiles and using the laser to paint for ground assualt tanks. When your bomber realises it's gravity bombs and knows to look for the red target that is drawn.

I like the fact that they don't show kills until the end of the level and your rank isn't based on kills but on score which you only get for doing team based actions (eg. deploying, knocking out nme items, repairing).

Advertisement