Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checking is landlord registered

Options
  • 05-08-2004 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Just wondering where you can check the records - I heard you can do it in Dublin Corporation on the quays? Would they hold the records for all of Dublin.. all of Ireland? Also is there anywhere online or a phone number you can ring to check aswell?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

registered for what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭substr

As a NASA Astronaut.. what do you think? As a landlord..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

did not know you had to register as a landlord

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well my GF was living in a house and the landlord being an ass hole, wouldn't repair anything etc.

I just pretended to be my GF's father and called him wanting to know if he wanted me to contact the tax office and make them aware of his rental income or would he just rather fix the things around the house, guess which one he picked ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

have you talked to your landlord about cliaming rent allowance in your tax credit? If he says to go ahead then he is paying, or intends to pay IT on his rental income, if he says nay, then he is evading tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

http://www.threshold.ie/faqt8.htm

"To check is your landlord registered, ring your local quthority and ask to be put through to the Register of Private Rented Dwellings."

As for rent allowance, just get the form RENT1 and fill it in, leaving the landlord's PPSN blank. Unfortunately, it is unlikely the landlord will be investigated by the Revenue Commissioners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

in all fairness andrew they have bigger fish to fry then the small time landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

have you talked to your landlord about cliaming rent allowance in your tax credit? If he says to go ahead then he is paying, or intends to pay IT on his rental income, if he says nay, then he is evading tax.

You can claim for rent allowance without getting your Landlord involved. All you have to do is ring the Tax Office and tell that you want to claim your rent allowance and they'll set it up for you.
    The only way your Landlord gets involved is if you are trying to claim for past rent.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I think it's more in reference to this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=178214

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭substr

koneko wrote:
    I think it's more in reference to this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=178214

I think thats kinda obvious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

substr wrote:
    I think thats kinda obvious

Touchy? I was pointing it out for everyone else's benefit.

Advertisement