Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Network 2 on set top aerial

• 05-08-2004 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭

I have a set top aerial [ rabbit's ears ] on a second TV in the house that picks up RTE1, Network2 & TG4 reasonably ok.

Last evening, Network 2 had disappered. Anyone know anything 'bout that ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

changed frequency?
    problem at the transmitter?
    tv tuned it out? (may sound wierd but it's happened to me before)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Mossy Monk wrote:
    changed frequency?
    problem at the transmitter?
    tv tuned it out? (may sound wierd but it's happened to me before)

Can only be "problem at the transmitter?" of those 3...re-tuned and I went through the full frequency ranges and it didn't pick it up - only picked up RTE1 & TG4.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Just got a very prompt email response from RTE as follows :

I have had other reports today of loss of Network 2 and have advised the Supervisor of the Eastern Region who has arranged for a staff member to visit the transmitter in Greystones. We hope the service will be restored as soon as possible.

Regards
    Viewer Information Section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭BHG

Network 2 goes off on VHF once or twice a day mon - fri in Dublin
    I just hop over to the UHF service which is just as good.
    I watch all Irish TV off roof top and UK off a 1M dish since I
    told NTL to take a hike with 50% increases

with RTE killing 2FM on MW and Radio1 off MW how long will
    RTE show UHF & VHF in Dublin?

regards BHG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

In parts of Wicklow one cant get RTE on UHF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Yeah, what is this about 2fm disappearing from MW and Radio 1 going to LW? Do they not know how many radios these days DON'T have long wave? ANd surely 2fm would appeal to more people, you know, because it's sometimes remtoeyl interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ANd surely 2fm would appeal to more people, you know, because it's sometimes remtoeyl interesting.

music on LW doesnt work as well as talking. i think they made a good choice in putting Radio 1 there, but as pointed out less and less radios seem to be carrying LW these days

Advertisement