Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC Disconnecting - IOLBB

• 05-08-2004 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

I've been using IOLBB since 23rd July and its been running very smoothyl, often downloading at 62kbps, however I have a small problem where IRC disconnects for no apparent reason with an error a long the lines of this:

Software caused program to abort (or something like that)

When this happens, I can still access the internet and my donwloads stay at their high speeds, but the only option to gte back to IRC is let it retry to connect for about 10mins, then it finally reconnects after the following message

Unable to find server ie.quakenet.org

Has this been happening to anybody else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

I've had similar problems, but it's being caused by my crappy connection that I'm getting looked at at the moment ...

Try using a UK quakenet server instead of an irish one for a while and see if you get the same problem. If you use a router, is it terminating connections after a certain amount of idle time? Or is mIRC doing it instead?
    Have a poke around at your settings and tell us what you find out.

Advertisement