Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best and worst TV presenters?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Best ... Jay and Daz from Gamezville .... this guys are class... June Sarpong (or however it's spelt) ... Dermot O'Leary is pretty good ... Ant and Dec ... and the Guvnor ... Jonathon Ross ... and Keith Barrett

Worst ... Davina Mc Call is just irritating ... Cat Deely the same (struggled after Ant and Dec left on that kids show) ... and Johnny Vaughn and Denise Van Outen amazingly bad, compare there show to Ant and Dec's one ... essentially the same ... one is a bit of fun ... the other is dross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Best:

Colin murphy was very good when he done the blizzard of odd(one of the best shows RTE ever aired).

I also like Clarkson.

I also like Kersty Gallagher,shes pretty and can read a script,I also like her breasts(their big).

Grahem Norton is good on the spot but his scripted stuff is a crap.

Worst:
    KEV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( does he still count as a presenter its RAPID if he does)

Jullian(from UTV)

Dale Winton(Dale and Jullain are just way too flamboyant for daytime TV,I like my flamboyance late in the evening)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

basquille wrote:
    The only games shows i remember on Channel 4 were Bits (presented by 4 women) and Gamesmaster (anyone else remember this?)

Ah yeah, Bits was good but too late at night. Gamesmaster I remember with Dominik Diamond.

Worst Presenters:
    Dale Winton
    Shirley Templebar
    UTV's Julian
    Terry Wogan

Best Presenters:
    Jonathan Ross
    Parkinson
    Des Lynam (BBC years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 seanie04

Worst:

Pat Kenny (on TV)
    Martin "gob****e" King
    That blonde yoke off Ireland AM should be put down - what an idiot

Best:

Pat Kenny (on Radio)
    Anne Doyle
    Gerry Ryan
    Ray Darcy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭unme

Best:
    * Dara O'Briain - he is funny, which is a good thing since he is a comedian.
    * Ray Darcy - an affable chap, nothing too offensive about him.
    * Pat Kenny (on the radio) - on TV he is a bit of a bore. Anyway, what is it with him and young male guests?? He used to fawn over certain young international footballers who constantly appeared on his show - very strange Pat.

Worst:
    * Ryan Tubridy - fast becoming a national joke. The man should quit now, lest he go down in folklore as the greatest tit that ever lived.
    * Miriam O'Callaghan - Did she not learn at presenter school that you wait for an answer just after you ask a question? Her constant heckling and shrill interruptions of interviewees have set the feminist movement back many decades.
    * Martin King - plonker, plonker, plonker, and you know what? He thinks he's great!!
    * Gerry Ryan - possible the most crude person we have on our airwaves. Give it up Gerry, talking about your bowel movements, or your willy, is not cutting edge or daring radio - it's just plain rubbish.
    * Shirley Templebar - If RTE want to be politically correct and hire a transvestite, they should look for one with some talent. Oh God, that teethy grin can turn one off transvestites!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Best:
    Steve Irwin
    Jonathan Ross

Worst:
    Ryan Tubridy
    Gerry Ryan
    Pat Kenny
    Gay Bryne
    Davina McCall
    Dave Berry
    Zane Lowe
    Kerry McFadden
    Marty Whelan
    Derek Mooney
    Laura Woods
    Ruby Wax
    Bill O' Herlihy
    Eamonn Dunphy
    Peter Collins
    Mark Lamarr
    Ant And Dec
    Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen
    Richard And Judy
    Miriam O' Callaghan
    Michael Parkinson
    Graham Norton
    Shirley Temple Bar
    Tracey Piggott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Ant and Dec are great

watched some of their show on saturday, and when you compare it to that show the bbc had on ... with Johnny vaughn and Denise Van Outen .. you can tell they do a great job ... fine they are about is middle of the road as a white line gets, but they do their job well, keep the prolies entertained and don't offend anybody

although in my opinon ... Keith Barrett is the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

Mark Lamarr and nick hancock are very good... jonathan ross is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Best : Caroline Morahan, because shes gorgeous. Dermot O'Leary because my girlfriend thinks hes gorgeous. ;)

Worst: Davina "I swear I haven't just done a few lines of charlie" McCall for her constant shouting at the end of every sentence. Gay Byrne because old wans love him and the prick still gets 200,000 quid a year during his "retirement" :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

Best:1 Dara O Brian (The Panel) 2 Uncle Gaybo(The Late Late Show), Kenny is killing that show slowly with a blunt butter knife.

Worst: You all know her....eh...he....eh.....IT from Telly Bingo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Worst on RTE TV

Miriam O'Callaghan for constantly interrupting interviewees
    The guy who does GAA commentary who looks like a garden gnome (what's his name)

His name is Marty (Morrissey?) cause I've just seen him on the telly.

Advertisement