Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How big are the maps?

Options
  • 09-04-2001 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

?
    Like big? Or frickin huge?
    Or infinite(like DF)? doubt and hope not infinite seen as there are vehicles hehe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i don't know. unfortunaly i have yet to buy the game. hope this was of some help. probably won't though. probably. icon1.gif

- Ciaranj - ciaranj.com

This post has been brought to you by the letter C, and the number 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

How could "I don't know" be of any help :/
    hehe.someone who has the game please? also what is the terrain like? As in is there buildings? Urban type combat?? Or is it more natural?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Depends on the level and what your playing.

Certainly in some CTF levels it would be pointless trying to walk to from one base to another. I think "Thin Ice" + "Archipelogos (sp)" aren't that great for walking.

Then there are other maps which are the reverse like Minotaur where the bases are right beside each other (well within mortor range). I kind of hate that level as it's just everyone stands and shoots up top when in fact each base is linked underground to each other and only 2% of the fighting happens there.

But the landscapes are big. I haven't tried the take a shrike and see how far I can fly yet. If it's anything like tribes 1 the landscape will be huge. (good 5 minutes at least to reach a border in a shrike).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Sounds good.Catn wait to try it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

Bugler,

I heard that these maps are HUGE!! ie. it would take you 4 mins to get from one-side of the map to the other smile.gif nice isn't but i still have to wait till friday morning for the game. Hope to be seeing you outside EB biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

i was fiddling with the map editor and found that the map ca nbe anywhere from 10 metres cubed to 6000 metres cubed, now thats a BIG area, most ctf maps are about 1200 metres cubed.

minotaur is a great level hobbes, but only if you get some serious players going underground on it smile.gif

its the prime level for those new grenade cams, just plop them on the walls all over the underground, people rarely see them.

smile.gif

Advertisement