Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning to cd-rw's

Options
  • 05-08-2004 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

right, rather than wasting cd's on stupid 4 or 5mb files i got meself 20cd-rw's.

problem is nero or create cd wont burn them. nero will start to burn, then comes up with errors like 'cannot burn end track'.

what the best burn software out there? i dont mind paying for it if it works with cd-rw's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do you get an ASPI related message or is it one generated only by NERO which relate to Nero.

If its ASPI then you'll need to get the dll pack. If its a Nero only matter then I'd uninstall and reboot then re-install.

Whats your OS and Burner?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

its one generated by nero. i'll try uninstalling and rebooting. OS is windows XP, burner IDE-CD R/RW 12x8x32 using nero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hmmm, Usually the software thats bundled is solid with the app it came with its only when it uses something else that it turns flakey as a rule.

You dont mention the brand but I bet it has a users group/message board somewhere! Try googling the problem if the re-install dont work.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

If you're already using Nero, you could download InCD 4 from the Nero site. It's free if you have a full version of Nero installed and it'll do what you want [info here]. It's become a lot better since earlier versions.

Personally CD-RWs started to drive me nuts so what I do is sort apps into groups when I download them, burn them to a CDR when I hit 700megs worth and keep an index of what's on the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

sceptre wrote:
    If you're already using Nero, you could download InCD 4 from the Nero site. It's free if you have a full version of Nero installed and it'll do what you want [info here]. It's become a lot better since earlier versions.

Personally CD-RWs started to drive me nuts so what I do is sort apps into groups when I download them, burn them to a CDR when I hit 700megs worth and keep an index of what's on the disc.

yeah that seemed to do the trick, back working again. :D

if only i were as organised as you, ive hundreds of discs and not a clue whats on half of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

smemon wrote:
    yeah that seemed to do the trick, back working again. :D

if only i were as organised as you, ive hundreds of discs and not a clue whats on half of them!
    Glad I could help.

It was the complete lack of organisation I had that caused me to use RWs in the first place (one for Net apps, one for graphics apps, one for sound apps and so on). Then I realised I was spending far too much time sorting apps on to discs, puting up with the slow access of RW (a few of the discs I was using are about five years old at this stage), getting rid of old versions, adding new ones and said to hell with it. While I still organise them a little bit, keeping a record of what's on each CDR (out of laziness I've been using CD Catalog expert for that so it does all the work) means I can be as disorganised as I like and still find any app in under thirty seconds. Same with mp3s - the minute you pass 100 discs of mp3s you realise you'll never find anything ever again without some kind of spreadsheet or database. This is all to facilitate my messiness, not to kill it:).

Advertisement