Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of travelling to Villa V Pool

• 05-08-2004 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

I definitely want to see Villa in action this season and I think the Villa V Pool game on Sat 4th December would be a good choice.

At the moment same day return Flights with Ryanair cost €65, the most expensive Match Day Ticket is £30. Packages are available but seem more expensive.

I was just wondering if any Villa or even Pool fans were interested in travelling for the day?? Or even if anyone here has travelled to Villa park before and could offer some ideas in what way to travel etc.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I was thinking about going in October, I was getting tickets as a present for somebody else and was going to go myself!

I have alreday booked the flights with Aer Lingus and will be staying overnight after the Fulham game on the 23rd!

I think you would be better off asking Villa fans as I they only sell tickets for home stand and not away fans areas, as far as I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Was thinking of going to Villa - City again but it's on Sunday this year :(

Villa - Pool would be great though. We went with www.mytravellite.com last time - cheaper than ryanair (think it was 60e return) and much better... new big planes, fine air hostesses etc.

Not sure about tickets, I have mates in brum who buy tickets and put us up. Not sure if you can buy them online

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

How about getting the tickets first, then thinking about the travel?
    Or are you guys settles ticket-wise... :(

S?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sinecure wrote:
    How about getting the tickets first, then thinking about the travel?
    Or are you guys settles ticket-wise... :(

S?

Well I should be able to get tickets but 100% so obviously I would be making sure I had them before I booked anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

I'm heading to the Villa v Newcastle Match on August 28th with 3 other mates (2 Villa, 1 toon).

Match tickets are £28 sterling, which will get you a seat on the halfway line in the Trinity Road stand. Flights are around the €50 - €75 mark if you book them early enough.

The Britannia Hotel in Birmingham City Centre is a decent place to stay. Rooms cost about €60 if you book them via hotels.com. That's only €30 each based on 2 sharing. Fly over on Saturday morning and return on the Sunday evening.

I'll be heading across for a few games this season I'd say.

If any of you are interested, there's always a few Villa fans who drink in the Cat n'Cage in Drumcondra. We're always there when Villa games are on. They have all the satelitte channels, 2 big screens and 2 tellys, so if Villa are playing against any of the top 5 and it's not on Sky, chances are it'll be on in the Cage. Kenny Cunninghams oul'lad works there as a barman too!
    We'll be there for the Villa v West Brom game on the 22nd.

Lifestyle Sports in the Jervis Centre are selling the new Villa jerseys. Both home and away - €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Where do you get your tickets wynters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Villa Southampton live is on setanta on the opening day. Nice. Must have a look in the cat n cage sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

I have uncles & cousins in Birmingham who get me tickets whenever I go across, but you can buy them via Villas website - www.avfc.co.uk. Alternatively, you can call the Villa Ticket Office on 0044 121 327 5353... you'll a credit card number. Once booked, the club either post the tickets to the cardholders address, or - if there isn't enough time to post them to you, you can collect them at the club box office on matchday.

Tickets for all games only go on general sale about 3 weeks before the matchday itself, so if you're lookin to go to the Villa v Liverpool game - traditionally one of the biggest games of the season - I'd advise you to keep tabs on the official website to get used to seeing when the release date for tickets is..... you'll need to be quick off the mark, Villa Park is starting to sell out again.

The official club website gives you all the info you'll need for travelling to Villa Park. Train stations - to & from, what stop to get off etc.... If you check it today you'll see pictures of Mathieu Berson in the Villa jersey. He signed yesterday afternoon.

There's also a full list of official supporters clubs who get preferential treatment for ticket applications. There's one in Dublin and Tipperary. If you're thinking of heading across regularly, there might be organised trips with the supporters clubs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

the last two times i have been to Villa Park I just hopped on the Train out there.

the train station is about 15mins walk from the stadium. Theres loadsa shops etc along the way aswell. However, you cannot bring can etc into the stadium with you, they are a security threat (or were when I was there) as they can be used as projectiles.

When i went last time, I got a flight into birmingham airport, the train into the city center, did a bit of shopping and then got the train out to the stadium.
    All the info you need can be gotten from a villa Park Rep (just email em) or a supporters club.

One thing i can say, its well ****ing worth it! The atmosphere with the home fans is unreal, and the place goes nuts when villa score. I loved it so much.

Word of warning, watch out for the prices in the Villa store, tis not cheap :D

Advertisement