Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake 3 all over agian

Options
  • 10-04-2001 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

it seems to be quake all over again, with everyone saying how each part of T2 is better or worse than T1..

Some people continue to play the original and forget the new one, and spam TribalWar and TP.co.uk with how '****' the new game is etc etc

Overall it does not look good as there is a lot of unrest about maps and gfx quality. Remember the open gl in tribes did not really work for a good while. I remember that patch 4 or something came out and Brit went mad telling everyone that it worked eventually and everyones FPS jumped by 20 overnight!

The map thing is a bit dodge tho..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

What map thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The is not Tribes1. Similar but is not tribes1. Once you realise that you start to enjoy it.

Like saying Unreal DM is Quake DM.

Anyway, not sure what you mean by maps and gfx quality? I have it boosted to max settings and the game is visually stunning.

What is the map thing you speak of? The editor? afaik, the instructions in the manual don't work but if you go to tribe2.com discussion forum on map designing the top most thread explains in detail how it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Does T2 have a single player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I think the graphics in Tribes2 is nothing special at all. I'm playing it full detail (totally maxed) in 1024@768 and I think it looks terrible compared to all the lovely screenshots we've seen.

Is all that fog and mist really needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

hrmm, well heres my take.
    To get a playable version on my machine, i have all the grax set way down, so in effect it looks worse than t1. Personally i dont give a **** about grax as long as the gameplay is good. I played t1 in software mode when i first got it , and didnt care. I think Dynamix went a little too far tho. The sys req for it to look as intended are just too much. These machines werent even on the drawing board when the game was concieved.
    My main concern is the gameplay aspect of it. I quite like it, but i worries me that its so much slower than t1. I guess it will evolve over the coming months and im looking forward to that. but ill still be playing t1 i think

• Advertisement
Advertisement