Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Hall Of Fame #1: Ronnie James Dio

Options
  • 05-08-2004 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭

Who remembers this legend?:
    Rjdmagic.jpg

No note to high, no dragon too fiery and indeed no man so small. At 5ft 2 Ronnie James Dio is the smallest giant of metal yesteryear.

After stints with Rainbow and Black Sabbath, Dio was born. A time when metal album covers looked like this:
    B0000262U0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Am i the only person who was blown away in the 80s by Holy Diver, Hungry for Heaven, Last In Line? Back in the day you would often hear his voice bludgeoning shoppers with his sheer level of power as they passed Sound Cellar.

Yes Ronnie you are the man, and by the looks of it you have no intentions of hanging up your bullet belt anytime soon:
    ronnielive1.jpg

Hail RJD!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Im not that big a fan of Dio.The only song that I feel is good is Holy diver...I dont know why, it just has an aura of funk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

funk this:
    dio2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Dio rules !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Who remembers him? How could he be forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

I'm a big fan of Holy Diver and the Last in Line - the sound and musicianship on Holy Diver in particular is amazing, and of course I listen to the Rainbow stuff regularly. However, I'm not mad on his Sabbath stuff bar a couple of tracks on Dehumanizer.

For the youths -
    Check out - Don;t Talk to Strangers
    Don't go there- Dream On (Areosmith cover, duet w/ Yngwie Malmsteen)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Pantera

I actually saw Dio this summer at the Waken Open Air.... its more funny than anything else.. Holy diver kicks ass tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Dio has rocked for a long long time. Now it's time for him to pass the torch.

Advertisement