Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by :

Win95B, Win98, Win2K, WinME, WinNT (Service Pack 4.0)

CPU Speed
    (See Video Card List below)

System RAM
    64MB Minimum (128MB Suggested)

Hard Drive Space
    531MB Hard Drive (with 300MB Swap Space)

Peripherals
    DirectSound-compatible Sound Card required
    DirectInput-compatible Controllers are supported

Video Cards (12MB VRAM or better REQUIRED)

Min CPU (300Mhz) : GeForce, GeForce 2, Diamond Viper II, ATI Rage 128.

Min CPU (400Mhz) : TNT, TNT2, Radeon, Matrox G400, Matrox G450, Voodoo 3

Min CPU (500Mhz) : Voodoo 2, Voodoo 4, Voodoo 5, Kyro, Permedia 3.

NOTE: Any card listed at a lower CPU can be used (of course) with higher CPUs. The listed CPUs are MINIMUMS for those cards.

ALSO NOTE: The Voodoo 3 has a lower threshhold CPU than the V4 & V5 because its drivers handle texture swapping better.
    </font>

The thing here is that these are the absolute minimums. If your on the cusp it means you can load up the game, look at the community type stuff and thats about it.
    I have a p3500 and a tnt2. I have to have all the graphics turned down to get a playable fps.

edit: err sorry, this was in reply to Bugler, whos post dissapeared. belongs here rather than the games board anyway smile.gif_

[This message has been edited by Dustaz (edited 11-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Yeah the post fairies got it frown.gif
    I have a similar spec Dust,p3 600 tnt2,128 mb ram.
    Its a bit of a pain in the **** .Hmm.I spose I can handle it.BTW,how does it look with everything turned down?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

they aren't joking about the diskspace. Cleaned up some space and the redjacks that appeared over the weekend are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Looks like **** bugler, but as i said, i dont care smile.gif
    How much free diskspace you need Hobbes? im starting to get a lot of redjack.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I had about 100MB left on D: where it was installed. The other two drives had 1GB + 2GB free. I freed up about 6GB on the installation drive and it seems ok. I haven't had time to play it for a long time though. I heard there was a memory leak?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

the only problem i have had, and this happened once

all my settings reset everytime i booted the game up (it dissapeared after i reset the comp) and while in game the Favs were gone and i couldnt set any :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

yeah theres a memory leak alright...starts hitting my fps after about 4-5 map switches, and the only way to cure it is quit tribes and start again

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Hunter px1

i guess my sys specs are ok

1ghz thunderbird
    256mb ram
    56gig + 20gig + 12gig HD (A7V motherboard)
    GeForce 2 MX

smile.gif

Advertisement