Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benchmarking monitors?

Options
  • 05-08-2004 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭

is there any program that will benchmark monitors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Are you serious? How the hell would you benchmark a monitor and why?

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

you'd bench it to find out response time and max resolution and other such things

you'd bench it to find out response time and max resolution and other such things

Eh I normally read the spec of the monitor for that information.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

BloodBath wrote:

BloodBath

But do you really trust what the manufacturers claim.....well do you? :D

Well they can't claim something that isn't true otherwise it would be false advertising. With lcd's you have a bit more to worry about than crt's I suppose.

Is there a program to benchmark them?

BloodBath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

BloodBath wrote:
    Well they can't claim something that isn't true otherwise it would be false advertising. With lcd's you have a bit more to worry about than crt's I suppose.

Is there a program to benchmark them?

BloodBath

Not really sure about monitors tbh.

I have a few LCDs in my lab and i have never seen a dead pixel yet....altho they all must have them from what i've been told. I suppose it would be obvious.
    Found this but not really sure if this is what y'all had in mind....Don't usually trust russian websites....but that's just me!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

BloodBath wrote:

BloodBath

Most monitors these days use a small ROM chip that contains all the parameters and verified modes the monitor can display.
    This is communicated to the graphics card by pins on the connector (similar to an I2C bus).

More here: http://www.epanorama.net/documents/pc/vga_bd15.html

Advertisement