Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer:- Telephone engaged noise ?...

Options
  • 05-08-2004 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Strange Telephone engaged tone noise ?..

When I am on my computer. I can hear a telephone engaged tone coming from somewhere ?..

I have only just connected up to UTV Clicksilver broadband, which is working and my phoneline is now available when I am on broadband.

Friends have told me that they can not get through to me on the phone, as the line is always engaged ?..

Any idea's anyone :confused:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

i dunno if you got dsl filters with your UTV but i got some with my IOL bb,check if you have the filters installed on your phone lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

i dunno if you got dsl filters with your UTV but i got some with my IOL bb,check if you have the filters installed on your phone lines

Yep,got the filters and they are installed. Strange how I can dial out while on broadband, but it appears people can not phone me,due to a permanent engaged tone at their end?..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Problem solved. Someone had placed a DECT cordless phone under my desk with the handset button pressed. This created the mysterious "Telephone engaged signal" this was corrected when I pressed the button replacing the handset that was visible on the display.

Some people, Eh. Little minds :eek:

Advertisement