Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 things not to do in Tribes II.

Options
  • 08-04-2001 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

*NOT TO DO*

1. Play with team damage off.

2. Shoot people off the vehicle station.

3. Shoot the ship off the station.

4. Stand in the middle of the vehicle creation area thinking you can steal the ship (unless you like dying).

5. Use the ELF or shock lance while a passenger on a vehicle.

6. Select a single seater ship if there is more then one person waiting for a ship.

7. Use the Mobile point base as if it is supposed to attack the enemy while your in it. Heck drive it at full speed over that rocky terrain, it can take it!

8. Hijack the Mobile point base after it's deployed leaving those heavies who are building the base stranded.

9. Ram another ship while fully loaded with passengers. Everyone just loves dying for you.

10. Use full afterburners on your ship while in a firefight or missile lock sounding.

11. Fire your weapon continually, especially when there is a missile lock.

12. Back your mobile base into a wall and tree so no one can use the inv station on it.

13. Use the Tank cannon to kill people.

14. Use the mortor to kill aircraft.

15. Drop bombs if the ship is still on the vehicle pad.

16. Drop bombs when too low or when there is a missile lock.

17. If you can't get a FOF lock (Friend or Foe) then they must be friendly.

18. Don't select and place an extra Inv station if you are the first person to the Inv stations.

19. Scream a command over and over because someone hasn't done it in the last .2 seconds that you last asked.

20. Call a vote over and over until through some freak of nature the 20 or so people who voted no will change thier mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

rofl
    its ture
    all of it smile.gif

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

22. See that glossey manual you get with the game. Just throw it in the bin, you won't need it. Also don't bother playing the tutorial after all your a natural at the game.

Playing one level and had the MPB deployed at the flag and turrets and sensors laid out with another guy. I had run out of missile ammo when I was about to rearm from the MPB and some idiot jumps in and drives it off. We are screaming for him to return it, but bright spark drives it off into a ditch that it is impossible to get out. He starts going "Well no one was driving it, so why should I get out?". The idiot didn't even know what the MPB did.

The MPB deployed kicks serious ass, but it all relies on no one driving off with it. mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Hmmm.It sounds like a fertile breeding ground for muppetry.How rampant is it?
    Get plenty of admins on that netshop server then smile.gif

It's actually not that bad. The majority of muppets are players who don't know how to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I've come across some muppetry since I strated playing...was playing a siege map, two muppets joined the game, and joined each team, the one who joined the attackers stole a bomber then landed some whereto allow his m8 to get in and then proceded to bomb the crap out of the vehical pad...I had the only flyable shrike at the time. Since they were causing too much damage I took them out quickly, kamakaze style by ramming the side of the c0ckpit killing all 3 of us when we hit the ground smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Monty - the one and only (edited 08-04-2001).]

• Advertisement

All my pet hates at the moment.

Another...

21. If your pilot gets out of your tank in the middle of nowhere because the ship is nearly dead and you see him pulling out the repair pack, this is your cue to jump into the pilots seat and drive off into the enemy base.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Nice 1 Monty I can just picture it now! wink.gif

Quothe the Raven, "JennyRooba!" :D

Advertisement