Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Aldi/Medion PC on Jes.de

• 05-08-2004 10:09pm
    Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭
    byte

Jes are selling the Medion PC that is sold by Aldi for just €879 for anyone interested in getting a new PC. Aldi apparently sell them for €1179 in Germany, dunno how much they're sold for in Aldi Ireland. Offer ends on the 13th.

http://www.jes-computer.de/product_info.php?pID=17512

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭paulj13

I got one of these from Aldi, very good machine no problem with it and very VERY fast. Good to see that is coming down in price. WHat does shipping add to the damage I wonder???

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

Shipping is 46.36 to Ireland for a grand total of 925.36, nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mrbongo

P.S. I thought the Aldi PC had 802.11g Wi-Fi as well, it's mentioned at the top of the description that the 8080XL model has this card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

You can get a HP machine for about that price with the same specs so why would you choose an ALDI machine?? Just want it to break?? And pay for shipping to Germany to get it fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Danni wrote:
    You can get a HP machine for about that price with the same specs so why would you choose an ALDI machine?? Just want it to break?? And pay for shipping to Germany to get it fixed!

Sorry, but Medion computers have a brilliant service for faults in ROI. Which is operated from their UK Headquarters.

I had an engineer in my home the day after reporting a cd-r fault, even though my warranty was out of date. They replaced the complete CD-R unit, and did not even charge me :p .

Try beating that for service ?... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Paddy20 wrote:
    Try beating that for service ?...

http://davesrants.com/archives/2004/07/29/our_new_pc/

Read that.

Damien.m,

Right, I have read all that, and it is a sorry experience for anyone to have gone through.

However, I do not blame "Medion". Under the "Sales of goods Acts" when you purchase a faulty item from a retailer in the ROI. It is always the responsibility of the 'Retailer' to resolve the problem while the product is still under warranty. If your Father had taken the merchandise back straight away [Along with the receipt/proof of purchase] I am sure "Aldi" would have been happy to offer a - full refund - or obtain a brand new replacement computer. They have no choice in the matter, as goods such as computers must be fit for the purpose for which they are intended under the Sale of Goods Acts.

Unfortunately, far to many Irish citizens are not aware of their rights, and make the mistake of contacting the manufacturers in the first instance, which only further complicates the problem.

As for "Medion" look here:- www.medion.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

damien.m wrote:

Why didnt you just bring it back?
    Would have been quikcer than writing that post.

medion pcs are good know a few people with them.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Jes-computer.de have posted here already in answer to some questions about theses high end pcs...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=175999

Maybe they will also see the value in having a commercial forum.

V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

daveirl wrote:

Are you saying that 'Aldi' tried to fix a 'Medion' computer themselves ?.. but when they i.e. ALDI could not fix it. You then took it back away out of their premises without being offered a full refund or a new replacement computer ?..

Sorry, but I find your posts confusing/unclear, and I consider it unfair for you to try and taint the reputation of 'Medion' computers without justifiable cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Now my head hurts :confused: because I am still confused & I give up. For the good of my health ?.. :eek:

Advertisement