Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ruud out for first month of season !!!

• 05-08-2004 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

Man United will be without Ruud Van Nistelrooy for the first month of the season with a hernia problem , and will have to undergo surgery.

http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1146608,00.html

A lot of people wondered what United would be without Nistelrooy(for a long period) , and now they will have to find out .

I think this will put a lot of pressure on Saha as Smith isnt a natural goalscorer . (even though Dion Dublin thinks different)

Machester Uniteds pre-season game with Urawa Reds was called off because of bad weather .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They would have been in trouble last season but it wont be an issue this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ronaldo, Heinze and now Van Nist all missing.

God damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

It matters not to United, i'd say, Gives smith a chance at least :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

hmm yes that "proven" goalscorer will do a great job.

mayordenis wrote:
    hmm yes that "proven" goalscorer will do a great job.

Who said he was proven?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

ffs can you not sense sarcasm when you see it !!! Does this mean Forlan is not going on loan now :D

gandalf wrote:
    ffs can you not sense sarcasm when you see it !!! Does this mean Forlan is not going on loan now :D

Yes i know he was being sarcastic. But i never said he was a proven goalscorer which is what i assumed he was implying thats what i ment???

Hmm i'm tired :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

gandalf wrote:
    `
    no he'll still go they're missing a striker not a forward that cant score goals remember . ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

cheesedude wrote:
    Ronaldo, Heinze and now Van Nist all missing.

God damn.

if they're gonna be in with ANY chance of winning the title they're gonna have to be able to cope with more than loosing 3 palyers

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yeah and out of the 3 nist is the only one guearanteed of a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think Ronaldo is guaranteed a place by now, wouldn't he? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Saha up front with Smith playing behind him! not a bad combination......also Giggs/Scholes can play there......remember Saha spent the first of last season up front on his own at Fulham and was one of the best preformers without the quality he will have making chances for him that he has at Utd.....

Dont see it as a prob, Utd also have Forlan/Bellion! I wud tink they wud rather him out for the first month instead of the last month???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Saha and Smith are still a very good Strike Force, but RVN is bread and butter goal getter for Utd. Their Midfielders will have to work a lot harder to supply Saha and Smith with goal scoring chances.

Have to go change my Fantasy football team now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

irish1 wrote:
    Have to go change my Fantasy football team now :(
    Damn - forgot about that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Its a big blow but i think Smith and Saha will do well. But United arent having the best of times with injuries at the moment. RVN, Miller, Solskjaer, are all out and Ronaldo and Heinze are at the Olympics and wont be back for a good few weeks. Plus Rio wont be back until 20th of September. i hope United dont get any more injuries on sunday.

Can anyone tell me what is the deal with Liam Miller's injury?? when is due back and when are we most likely to see in a United Jersey??

Advertisement