Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday, 4th September, Eyre Square entrance to Eyre Square SC

Options
  • 06-08-2004 1:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

Hey people from galway, respond to this thread, about a meeting at eire square or something.

If there has already been a thread about this, then im stupid

this is john barry

I MISS EVERYONE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Spog

YAAAAAY its John!!!!!!! This is Orla, from downstairs. Hey can i get something straight... you live in Ireland??? You just said your Dad lived in Moycullen. Orla all confloozled now. Anyway. Yes... reunion please. name the place date time, and i'll be there. Eyre Square soundin good. And everyone must come (all those from Galway that is... Is Brendan on boards??)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Funkeyhatzrock!

Hi ya John!
    It's Anne from journalism last year! Sorry if I'm pushing in on a sess2 thing but i bare news.
    Ok as to this big Galway reunion yoke there is already been a little talk about it already. however the most simply best motivation i can give anyone from Galway to come is that ye all have to 'cause Dermo said it couldn't be done!!!
    So I ask you all to help me prove him oh so very wrong!!
    Every CTYIer from Galway please rally to this superbly just cause.
    *pphhbbbttt* to you dermo!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Conorea

Hello John, Orla and Anne(especially Anne cos I haven't talked to you in ages). It's conor darcy btw. g'way reunion is a fabulous idea. how many people actually live in or around galway though? 50? 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

hey.. this is marieke, from elec eng, sess 2... well, i live in galway, and wud def be up for a reunion! but.. eire sq as a meeting place? its a pile of rubble at the mo! and i always get confused about which side's which etc etc...
    yeah i dunno how many people liv in galway... wud it be worth it? cuz im not sure i know any of you who have replied so far :/
    xxx meeka

he he he This is where Niall Kelly comes in I'm sure he's knockin around somewhere near with all his ra stuff! so Niall would you like to help?
    Hi Connor!!!! My God I haven't talked to you in like so long. sorry. hey i.m. me and we'll have a big chin wag ! :D you've got my yahoo one ya?
    I know i was thinking that about eyre square as well.. we could just meet in the shopping centre somewhere or like at the spainish arch. he he we'll freak everyone out! huzzah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

I don't come from Galway!!!!

Granted, I spend most of the year there, was born there and have all my family roots there, but I'm not FROM there!!!

I'd be cool for showing up, supervising, watching out for conoodling and alcomohol, but wait til September 'til college starts 'cause I'm lazy.

There's loads from Galway, Clare, Limerick, Sligo, Mayo and the Midlands who could make a Galway reunion too, easily 75+ over this summer alone. Get phoning and emailing people!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

WHOO!!
    damn i never thought anyone would reply

and yes orla i live in ireland in moycullin, galway but im going to live in ouchter ard soon.

this reunion is turning out capital

give us a ring to figure out dates and such at 0860552798 or 091556989
    or email at jbarry4335@msn.com

im not gonna be in galway from the 14 to the 22nd so PLEASE make it after that or before that but before that date seems too fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

'cause Dermo said it couldn't be done!!!

When did I say that?

I don't remember that at all!!!

but if there is a galway reunion and I was free I would go to it, cos I got relatives in galway and it would be an excellent weekend away anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Like Niall K I'll be in Galway from Sept.

<< Fio >>

Dermo wrote:
    When did I say that?

I don't remember that at all!!!

but if there is a galway reunion and I was free I would go to it, cos I got relatives in galway and it would be an excellent weekend away anyway!!
    you said it one night before study i think... i can't remember when exactly but we'd been talking about the amazing amount of people from galway then we said we should have one there or i dunno something along those lines!anyway it's most likely you just randomley quirked up to piss us off

• Advertisement

I don't come from Galway!!!!

Granted, I spend most of the year there, was born there and have all my family roots there, but I'm not FROM there!!!

I'd be cool for showing up, supervising, watching out for conoodling and alcomohol, but wait til September 'til college starts 'cause I'm lazy.

There's loads from Galway, Clare, Limerick, Sligo, Mayo and the Midlands who could make a Galway reunion too, easily 75+ over this summer alone. Get phoning and emailing people!!!
    Dude I know your not from Galway. I just meant you knew more students then i did and you'd a large idea of which were from Galway that was all.
    I'd like it to wait till sept. too cause i'm busy every weekend till school starts and themn it'll be a nice little pick me up.
    NO ****ING SUPERVISING NIALL!! Hate to burst your buble but you've no effect anyway

PROPOSAL: This Thursday, 12th, 12 noon in some easily accessible spot. Reason for proposing so soon... John's around, and also there are at least three dubs staying around galway this week, and erin's off work. I'll be goin in w katie anyway this week to meet iain and conor so this is sort of official i suppose. This is happening.

I like Orlas plan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 *tinkerbell*

hi! this is sophie from russian 2004 session1. i was just wondering if there is any definite plans for a reunion in galway? it would be so cool if the entire cty galway people just all gathered in town, but i dont think eyre square is a good place right now, what with all the building and stuff. maybe the shopping centre??

P.S. hi anne! im really sorry i havent been keeping in touch, but i promise i'll send you an email soon! and pictures, if you want them.

P.S. hi anne! im really sorry i havent been keeping in touch, but i promise i'll send you an email soon! and pictures, if you want them.
    I want pictures!!! Yay!

ok stupid question but on thursday will there be anyone from sessiion 1 or else just sess2 people only like 2 of which i know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

ok stupid question but on thursday will there be anyone from sessiion 1 or else just sess2 people only like 2 of which i know?

I'm probably not going, maybe if there are more session1ers/people I know going I might...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wolfhound

Im not from Galway but i would probably make 2 a reunion there. it would be a chance 2 laugh @ all galway or rosscommon.

Come on people! Get on the Bandwagon!
    (can't believe i just said that... ah well!)

Where's the proposed spot for reunion to take place???

All CTYIers, s1 and s2, make the attempt! Anyone in the vicinity, pop in. Please.

Well actually, i don't care very much, cos i know there'll be at least 5 or 6 of us anyway which'll do me fine. But hurray and huzzah! come along and join in the madness.

Thursday's good. See you all somewhere...where? Spanish Arch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Yeah the 12th would be ok.. I'm shaking at the thought of getting my LC results though :(

• Advertisement

The twelfth would be lovely, at noon at the spanish arches.

I know ill be there

ok if i'm going into town tomorrow i might stop by.

considering a lot of people from like clare and other counties etc. mightn't be able to make it in for tomorrow how about we organise a date for one in a couple of weeks time. a big enough reunion and give people who live far away notice to come

Suggestion-Saturday, Fourth of September, Eyre Square entrance to Eyre Square Shopping Centre.

Reasons
    fourth of september-hopefully not everyones extra ciricular stuff will have started up yet and they'll have that day free
    Eyre Square entrance to Eyre Square Shopping Centre- it's got space and a ROOF (!) so if it's rainning as it's most likely it will we'll be kinda dry, and it's near enough to bus stops agaain if it's rainning...

Perhaps the entrance to the shopping centre would be a better location for the reunion tomorrow (12th) because
    1. People getting buses will most likely arrive in and around that vicinity
    2. Possibility of rain is high and there's a roof there!!

Also, could people tell other people they know that this is happening as i've realised not many people know!!

o

Spog wrote:
    Perhaps the entrance to the shopping centre would be a better location for the reunion tomorrow (12th) because
    1. People getting buses will most likely arrive in and around that vicinity
    2. Possibility of rain is high and there's a roof there!!

Also, could people tell other people they know that this is happening as i've realised not many people know!!

o

Yeah that works, people show up please!

and anne you better come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Well i arrived a bit late.. noone there.

Well that was a funerific few hours. the hankies on my departure were classic, orla. and john...WHERE WERE YOU??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainbow Girl

hey, is everyone gonna go to the one on the 4th? if you put up a few posts in other threads and stuff lot of people'll know about it... some might even go... I might head over if i'm promised many people, and i could try rounding up a couple of other dubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭meeka

well, ill go on the 4th anyways... nothing better to do, lol. xxx meeka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Rainbow Girl

ok cool, see ya then!!

• Advertisement

yeah ill go to the fourth

im stupid for not making it today, i slept too late, and i was the one who came up with the idea.

I need a ****ing alarm clock

Advertisement