Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hole in my Tongue

Options
  • 06-08-2004 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

I have decided to get my tongue pierced. I have looked at a few websites, a dozen sample pics and have decide I really want it. But why do I post?

For one I'd like some first hand accounts. Have you had it done? How is/was it? Complications? Cost? Extraordinary amounts of blood and/or infections? Wonderfully simple? Are the horror stories at all accurate/completely exaggerated?

Also, where's best to get it done in Dublin? I've seen a few places around, but once again I'd like some first hand accounts about places in which you've had good experiences.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

My tongue piercing is the piercing that got me addicted :D
    First they mark your tongue on either side so the piercer knows where to hit,
    The piercer takes a tongs and pulls your tongue out a bit to get an easier target.
    He(or she) then pierces the tongue with the needle and removes the tongs,
    The Bar and top ball of your jewelry is then screwed into the needle and the needle is pulled all the way through your tongue,unscrewed and replaced by the bottom ball.
    The pain isnt that much as the line down the middle of your tongue is dead skin with little feeling,all you feel is the needle piercing the top and bottom sheets of muscle in your tongue.
    There was a little blood,most of which you drool out but its not all that sore
    My tongue was swollen and i cudnt eat anything except soup for about 2 days but ive known people who it only lasts 2 hours on,I was back kissin the girlies after about a week.
    I paid €45 in Celestial Ring and i go back there for every piercing i get.Great place,really clean and friendly staff too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

i just got mine done about month ago, getting to be my fav piercing at the momeny, you just cant stop playin with it, mine was simple, no blood apart from a dribble when the plastic came off, i didnt swell at all so that was great, i saw a swollen tongue before and i didnt want that so i didnt drink alchol for 5days, i smoked from minute 1 of getting it done, a little bottle of water with it, its fine, i had to go home and eat bacon and cabbage as my parents didnt know i got it done[the one piercing they had me actaully scared to show them,] they were fine with it though when they found out about it last sunday :), my speech remained normal, thank god, alot easier to hide it..

anyways, all good here, love it and dont think ill ever take it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 laurelhedare

Maybe this site will help?? http://195.172.204.132/imredirect.cfm?Ref=Fashionista&VID=2278&CID=1&TID=415&UID=20 :D

Just kidding. Most of my friends that have tongue piercings haven't had pain for more than a week. It's really just a matter of taking care of it. One friend smoked like a chimney and the area around the piercing got kinda gross looking, I don't think it was actually infected though. Just drink lots of water.

Be prepared not to eat anything too heavily seasoned. Lots of burning can ensue, since for all intents and purposes it's an open wound.

If you follow their instructions and refrain from doing anything too orally active, it should heal quickly! By the way, tell me what you think of the site, everyone could use a shopping spree right? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Hell_en_earth

I first got mine done when I was 16 it was brill it swelled but nothing too bad! It so much fun! I took it out a year or so later and it healed fine just left a little scar. I got it redone when I was 18 and it did swell at all I had to get it done angain it was done wrong the firist time but now it's dead centre! I got it done in Snakebite, They are really good and very experienced! They are lovely guy's and girl!!!

Have fun with it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I got my tongue pierced in Febuary. Got it done in Metalmorphosis, it didn't hurt but it did swell, after a few days the swelling went down and i got a new barbell. Has to be the best piercing I've got.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blair_witch

i was wondering how long after getting my tounge pierced will i be able to drink alcohol again? coz i was going to hav it for my bday but i want it now plus im going out on the friday after my bday and i want to get rat-arsed? ta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

i was wondering how long after getting my tounge pierced will i be able to drink alcohol again?

AFAIK, it's about 5 days, but I'm not sure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I drank about 30mins after getting mine done.
    was drinking all night, ate mc donnads after getting it done too, the next day it was a little bit swollen to eat, but i managed a breakfast roll in some time,..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sorry I didn't get back to this I've been quite busy. Organising a trip to Spain actually, so it'll have to wait until after that. Thanks for all the replies. My friend bought me a metalmorphosis voucher for my birthday, so ill be getting it done there when I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NuckinFutter

i got mine done on tuesday....wasnt sore at all

went to d flicks and ate a heap of popcorn....tis a bit swollen now and uncomfortable but nothing you cant manage...my mate got hers done alwell...bit of blood...she smoked n drank n she's in a better state than me!!!

anyone notice that it swells in the mornin and dies down in d evening....im talkin bout the tongue now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

this piercing is gettin way too ****in common, my gf even got it done today :/
    ah sure tonguefrenum is next for me

Advertisement