Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

911: the Road to Tyranny

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You registered to post that crap?

that movie makes the X-Files look like a documentry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I watched about 10 minutes of it a few weeks ago, but didn't really like the alarmist sensationalist over-excited presenter so dismissed it to the recycle bin.... reminded me too much of some pressure salesman trying to sell you some gimmicky excersize equipment.
    It just struck me as garbage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's a pity more people don't do that for michael moore.

well no it's not really, I suppose the man's an idiot but at least he's out there doing something.

I'd like to see this film though, I flicked through fahrenheit 9/11 and I just started getting annoyed at the sound of moores voice.

Mordeth wrote:
    I'd like to see this film though, I flicked through fahrenheit 9/11 and I just started getting annoyed at the sound of moores voice.

Moore is much better then this movie.

Here is brief review...

- Footage of the new world order
    - Shots of Bush + administration and linking to Hitler shots.
    - Cue to whack job presenter with invisible tin foil hat on.
    - Starting going on about how the new world order started WWI to build the one world governemnt.
    - WWII was staged because no one would trust the league of nations.
    - Links to US Governement supplying Japan/Germany in WWII and helping the Japanese staging Pearl Habour.
    [Fast forwarded]
    - Some crap about Oklahoma bombing and government link again
    [Fast forward]
    - Still about Oklahoma (when is 9/11 stuff coming?)
    [Fast forward]
    - Watched a small bit about a woman being rude to a cop and getting arrested to it. Proof a police state
    - Clips of FBI raid on a school and how this is proof the kids are being desensitized for black clad storm-trooper with their black helicopters to control them as slaves.
    [Fast forward]
    - Now it is going on about how Disney cartoons are desensitizing children to accept electronic tagging/dna scanners/etc.
    [Fast forward]
    - Something about the UN becoming the new world order.

At this point I had enough... it is total tripe.

The best so far is the Bush Documentry, F911 is good as well and covers more, but the Uncovered documentry is done much more professionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Hobbes wrote:
    Moore is much better then this movie.

Here is brief review...

- Footage of the new world order
    - Shots of Bush + administration and linking to Hitler shots.
    - Cue to whack job presenter with invisible tin foil hat on.
    - Starting going on about how the new world order started WWI to build the one world governemnt.
    - WWII was staged because no one would trust the league of nations.
    - Links to US Governement supplying Japan/Germany in WWII and helping the Japanese staging Pearl Habour.
    [Fast forwarded]
    - Some crap about Oklahoma bombing and government link again
    [Fast forward]
    - Still about Oklahoma (when is 9/11 stuff coming?)
    [Fast forward]
    - Watched a small bit about a woman being rude to a cop and getting arrested to it. Proof a police state
    - Clips of FBI raid on a school and how this is proof the kids are being desensitized for black clad storm-trooper with their black helicopters to control them as slaves.
    [Fast forward]
    - Now it is going on about how Disney cartoons are desensitizing children to accept electronic tagging/dna scanners/etc.
    [Fast forward]
    - Something about the UN becoming the new world order.

At this point I had enough... it is total tripe.

The best so far is the Bush Documentry, F911 is good as well and covers more, but the Uncovered documentry is done much more professionally.

Yeah Alex Jones is a bit of a sensationalist but his website at www.infowars.com does actually have some pretty good news links from a very wide range of newspapers, usually stuff that wouldn't reach mainstream news, but are important nonetheless. SUch as the obligatory mental health screening for children and pregnany women. He had the prison torture photos a good week before it was on Sky News and so on. Some stuff is interesting like a link of martial law training excercises in small towns in the US that are never nationalised.

He is a little over enthusiastic though. However, the original article is always there as well. The Oklahoma bombing was well worth bringing up however in that movie (watched around 30 mins, it's nothing I haven't heard before). And the psychological basis for the continuing terror alerts is very valid: Democratic convention, Kerry gets a boost - but wait! There's a terror alert raised! Look at me! I'm Bush and I'll save you while you are emotionally charged! Buy things!

But yes ALex Jones is probably quite quite mad in real life. I don't doubt the articles as most come from respected newspapers around the world though (except for the hosted ones).

For more conspiracy news try Al Martin. It was entertaining to say the least as he claims to be an Iran-Contra "Insider" and has an article (again, enthusiastic and mad like Jones) on the free-speech zone in Boston for the recent convention.

Probably as exaggerated on one side as the other. Needless to say, this picture looks very much like the Matrix policemen. "We've sent two units, they're bringing her down now..."!

Personally I find that this War On Terror is like watching Starship Troopers for real....!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well the fact that you have to register for this turned me off immediately. Looks like I saved bandwidth by decided not to download it. As hobbes says that Uncovered Documentary is well worth downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

A lot of his backup sources are accurate. I remember them being shown on main news channels shortly after 9/11 then being "disappeared". And the events he theorises will occur have happened too many times in history to simply dismiss as "ah sure that'll never happen to us". Some of it is overly sensationalist on the other hand. When he was going on about fluorine I could picture him shouting "THEY WANT YOU TO HAVE SHINY WHITE TEETH TO EAT EACH OTHER WITH!!".

Every time they raise that terror alert I am reminded of an episode of Red Dwarf when Lister says "Take us to Red Alert" and Kryton responds "Are you sure sir? It will mean changing the light bulb"......

But yes ALex Jones is probably quite quite mad in real life. I don't doubt the articles as most come from respected newspapers around the world though (except for the hosted ones).

Yea it is a bit like www.whatreallyhappened.com . The site is great for finding stories that people don't report on in the mainstream but you have to ignore the personal commentary (a bit like F911 ;) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Once I heard Alex Jones talking about how strange people were for conducting ancient rituals and then mentioning he is a Christian I turned right off him. Christianity is just an evolved pagan sun worship. I found him to be rather blinded to his own hypocrisy. Although I do think he makes some good points but in a way over the top manner.

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Every time they raise that terror alert I am reminded of an episode of Red Dwarf when Lister says "Take us to Red Alert" and Kryton responds "Are you sure sir? It will mean changing the light bulb"......
    God damn i loved red dwarf.

Personally i think Jones was just trying to really freak people out, the editing was sickening, repeating one sentance twice or three times. I wonder if all the information is correct. The only thing i liked was when he talks about researching the information at the end to find out if its all correct. All this crap, lunacy and inhumain activities cannot be simplified into one stupid conspiricy of the NWO. Americans seem to simplify everything....... :rolleyes:

God damn i loved red dwarf.

Personally i think Jones was just trying to really freak people out, the editing was sickening, repeating one sentance twice or three times. I wonder if all the information is correct. The only thing i liked was when he talks about researching the information at the end to find out if its all correct. All this crap, lunacy and inhumain activities cannot be simplified into one stupid conspiricy of the NWO. Americans seem to simplify everything....... :rolleyes:

Exactly, I'm sure there are various groups of people wanting power - heck Napoleon wanted a unified Europe and single currency! Americans, in their brief 50 years as a significant world power, give themselves too much credit. Most countries in Europe have ruled the world at some stage, each with their own empires.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

SantaHoe wrote:
    I watched about 10 minutes of it a few weeks ago, but didn't really like the alarmist sensationalist over-excited presenter so dismissed it to the recycle bin.... reminded me too much of some pressure salesman trying to sell you some gimmicky excersize equipment.
    It just struck me as garbage.
    Reminded me of a TV salesman too! I still haven't watched all of this, but going by Hobbes summary I'm not missing much.

Uncovered: The Whole Truth was as good if not better than F911.

Advertisement