Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz last night, 5th August

Options
  • 06-08-2004 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭

was finished work early and headed in for the freeroll.
    Was drawn at the same table as DeV, and an interesting table it was too, some of the worst play I've ever seen by a couple of players, needless to say they were big stacks at the the table before the freezeout.

Played about 3 hands early on, pair of 2's, pair of bullets and Ace 10, all of which stood up thankfully.
    After the freezeout was moved to a different table, no cards again, couple of bluffs to keep my head above water. all in on a gutshot straight draw with over cards, called by bottom pair, out I go...gotta love that freeroll.

The fitz was open at 4pm yesterday, every Thursday to Sunday will be the same story. €10 Sit'n'Go's are organised as soon as there are any players interested. 10 players, €10 for the fitz, 1st gets 60 and 2nd gets 30. Not a bad way to spend a half an hour while waiting for a tournament.

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I won 2 S'nG's, drew one (with that git Cleary) and came second in one.

I have to say they were the best fun I've had playing poker in a long long time. I ended up in there at 5:30ish and was mostly playing against the dealers and Luke The Floor Manager and a couple of the hard core cash gamers. Ended up with me and LtFM head to head twice and there was more then a little table banter!

The freeroll was a disaster. I'm finding that I lose more money at that tourney for less return then any other. Its the only way I am going to get my hands on a ticket so I'll keep playing but I think I'm going to restrict myself to one buy-in. Not that I bought in a lot last night!

I was doing ok until PHB dogged me twice, once with 6,2o against AQs... ok so thats not SO unlikely... then again with J6 against TT! Turns out he just wanted to go home!

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dubwhite

Was that the table where the guy in seat 3 kept going all-in with any
    two cards, and they guy in seat 1 seemed to get AK every second hand?
    Really frustrating stuff... I don't think I saw one cheap flop all night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Was there too, couldnt see dev(was upstairs) there was an absolute nutter at our table, 10 rebuys if not more b4 the time up!!!!!!!! :|
    Think too many bad habits been picked up somewhere, only call he knew was all in (sometimes with laughable cards) anytime ne1 had anything decent and made a big/all in call in he goes.

Never seen so much bad poker on one table. Go in loose and get even looser at freerolls. So much for ppl who advocate' Go all in as often as u can and get yur chips early.

That said the place was heavin, never seen it soo full. Any of our lads get a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Yeah I too had a horrible night in the freeroll. Motored up to maybe 4.5k after the break when i found a Kojak. Raised it before the flop, one caller, flop comes king high - I go all-in she calls with Ace-Queen or somethin only to river an Ace. :( After that I only had a couple of hundred and just threw it in with any picture card till I got beaten.

To be honest I think i'd rather pay €30 to play a single table qualifier every thursday in the hopes of winning a ticket rather than that freeroll. Would anyone be interested in something like this? I'm sure if we got 10 players Luke would accomodate us.

Thanks to a moment of madness by DeV though I made some money in a sit and go earlier in the night. 3 players left - i'm short stack by a distance, DeV raises 1,000, I quickly fold, other player raises all-in, DeV thinks for a bit and then calls - She has Ace-King, he has Ace-9 but the jammy git hits a nine and puts her out and me in the money!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

dubwhite wrote:
    Was that the table where the guy in seat 3 kept going all-in with any
    two cards, and they guy in seat 1 seemed to get AK every second hand?
    Really frustrating stuff... I don't think I saw one cheap flop all night. :(
    Yeah those two players were raising with any Ace, A5o?? "I'm all-in!"
    The guy in seat 2, to Tom's left, would call to the river with any two cards. Some almost embarrassing showdowns, "Eh you've got nothing..."
    But the freeroll being the freeroll he only bought in once...
    what seat were you in ? I was dealing at that table for a while.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah - forgot Tom was dealing :) You're right, it was seats 2 and 4 that
    were making all the crazy plays. I was in 9 all night... got loads of K7o and
    A9o, but hesitated to play any of them due to the madness at the other end
    of the table. In retrospect, it would probably have been safe enough to go in
    with 56o!

I have to say, I think Sunday is a much better freeroll. Still some fairly loose
    play, but much less silliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

Was there too, couldnt see dev(was upstairs) there was an absolute nutter at our table, 10 rebuys if not more b4 the time up!!!!!!!! :|
    Think too many bad habits been picked up somewhere, only call he knew was all in (sometimes with laughable cards) anytime ne1 had anything decent and made a big/all in call in he goes.

Yah he was crazy, he was of the thinking that if he spend enough money, he'd eventually win a couple of hands and have a decent stack. I played ok-ish last night. Had about 10k after a topup and no rebuy's ( got Ace's twice before freeze-out and with the nutter just throwing money around the table it was handy enough to pick up pots ) Our table must of paid for at least on ticket. Several people bought back in more than 4/5 times. Got moved downstairs and ended up with 1000 in chips when the blinds were 1.5k-3k. KJ utg and I triple up only to go all in blind on BB. Was a fun night of cards though. Looking forward to getting a chance to play a couple of the Sit n go's

biteme wrote:
    Yah he was crazy, he was of the thinking that if he spend enough money, he'd eventually win a couple of hands and have a decent stack.

That wasn't Anthony, by any chance? Bloke in red top with glasses? I know
    he borrowed at least €70 from me in the space of 2 hours last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

dubwhite wrote:
    That wasn't Anthony, by any chance? Bloke in red top with glasses? I know
    he borrowed at least €70 from me in the space of 2 hours last night :)

Dunno his name, whoever he was, he won two sit n go's earlier in the night

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Some almost embarrassing showdowns, "Eh you've got nothing..."

Yeah, I was dealer for that table and I honestly didnt know where to look when he turned over A6 to a board that was KQx with the other guy with two pair and betting all-in... I was like "Two pair here and eh... you have an ace. Well done."

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Would anyone be interested in something like this? I'm sure if we got 10 players Luke would accomodate us.

Yeah Ken I would be on for this, please let me know if you decide to follow up on this.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

DeVore wrote:
    Yeah, I was dealer for that table and I honestly didnt know where to look when he turned over A6 to a board that was KQx with the other guy with two pair and betting all-in... I was like "Two pair here and eh... you have an ace. Well done."

DeV.

I'm gonna loosen up, start playing more like this guy :)

If people really want those sort of tables (and personally, I would certainly prefer it to the FR) then I'll set it up as an "event". 30 quid a piece from 10 of you. Thats 300, 30 to the house and that leaves 270 for the ticket.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've started playing the Norman style of poker in the freerolls pre-freezeout. Suited connectors, suited Q8 and K7, anything that might have a bit of value in a multiway pot. Especially if there's a raise and a load of callers, then I'll call with absolute muck. Chances are there may be lots of KJ, KQ, AJ type hands out there that are covering each other. For a tenner rebuy its worth a gamble.

Yup, definitely sign me up DeV please.

Me too, please.

Dave.

right, we'll do as many of these as we have people for at the Saturday game on the 14th this month.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I can't make the 14th but if you are setting up any more of those I will definitely play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Waylander wrote:
    I can't make the 14th but if you are setting up any more of those I will definitely play.
    DITTO !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

What's the format of the Sit'N'Go, i.e. Starting chips, blinds, blind increases etc? How do they make the games finish up so quickly?

• Advertisement

Waylander wrote:
    I'll run them anytime there are enough of us about. Perhaps we should have a Friday S'n'G night and then some beers? Would be better crack then that freeroll I reckon and at least one of us will get the ticket!
    I'll run one tonight if there are enough people about!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'd be up for this as well. don't know about tonight, but certainly on the 14th and moving forward...

I'd be up for one tonight - Will be in the Fitz from 5.30 or so onwards if people are about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Yeah put me down too. *edit* thats for the €30 sat not for the sit n' go */edit*. I've had it up the here *points finger at roof* with the freeroll. I was at biteme's table, and the all-in machine was one to my right making it impossible to see a flop without being all-in.

Dubwhite, his name isn't Anthony, he used to be in my bro's school - not sure what his name is but it ain't Anthony. If he's reading this I don't really care but the guy really pisses me off, not just his ****e play but his "I've got loads of money what's a tenner to me" attitude. He procceed to pull out €100 note and make a big deal about it just to make himself look great. Tosser.

Anyway so how did I get knocked out?? I've 4500, blinds 400/800 mid-position A,8o. Blinds are up soon have to make a stand here. All-in praying for no callers. Young lad is thinking. He's only got about 2000 more than me and he's calling. Jeasus he must have a strong hand, I'm sure I'm beat. My A,8o ain't looking too hot. He flips Ac,5c - haha your having a laugh son. Turns out he was the one laughing at the end when he hit a flush. No damn justice in this game. Same old story, crap player makes a crap call, yet I'm the one walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

think ill head 'round bout 5.45 too for a SnG, is it a private thing or can i use fitz credit?

Since 1st and 2nd split the cash between them at the end I doubt you could use credit.

bizarrely enough I was asking because I couldnt actually get cash at lunchtime. thinking bank machines on and around Baggot St. will be well cleared out too....any ideas? :(

Sh*t i don't have much money on me either - Are banks in Dublin actually running out? I assumed it was just country branches being affected.

banks arent yet but they are closed in 5 mins.

i tried 4 atms at lunch.

only in this fcuking country, it's a joke!

• Advertisement

The blinds were fairly reasonable last night and certainly players were putting themselves out faster then the blinds were!
    My A,8o ain't looking too hot. He flips Ac,5c - haha your having a laugh son. Turns out he was the one laughing at the end when he hit a flush. No damn justice in this game. Same old story, crap player makes a crap call, yet I'm the one walking.

Yeah, that happened to me too some bloke calling himself PHB kept calling my all-ins and raises with UTTER MUCK and hitting trips :) (62 called A10s, flop comes 6, 10, x to lots of ooohs and then ANOTHER 6 hits....)

DeV.

Advertisement