Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz last night, 5th August

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

DeVore wrote:
    I'll run them anytime there are enough of us about. Perhaps we should have a Friday S'n'G night and then some beers? Would be better crack then that freeroll I reckon and at least one of us will get the ticket!
    I'll run one tonight if there are enough people about!

DeV.

I could head down for this - pint somewhere beforehand or you waiting 'til after?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kipple

The freeroll was a disaster. I'm finding that I lose more money at that tourney for less return then any other.

Tom stop whinging. Poker is has a lot of variance and I bet the freeroll is a winning tournament for you.
    No damn justice in this game. Same old story, crap player makes a crap call

Again stop whinging, would you be more profitable against good players?

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Would I be more profitable against good players?? Definitely. I can't win a cent in the €20 re-buy events, my record is 1 money finish in about 12 starts. Why? Because the players generally don't care about the money and toss it in on any 2 cards. Hence it comes down to luck. I've played in the €50 re-buy three times and finished in the money twice. Much higher quality game, better players. Played in the €270 Freezeout 6 times, came first and second. See a patern? Better the players the better I do.

I much prefer playing against good players. When playing against good players the cards become alot less relevant, it's far more common that the hand is over before the river is dealt. It's much more a battle of poker skills rather than who gets lucky on the river.

Don't get me wrong the freeroll is great for what it is. It gives players a chance to win a ticket to play against the best. However it certainly isn't a test of poker skills and generally the final table is made up of players who got the most amount of luck during the night.

You'll be waiting along time before poker players stop moaning about their bad beats. Hell it's probably why the board was created. If that same situation that occured the other night had have happened against a better player he would have never have called with A,5 and I'd have still been in the tournament. That's why I prefer playing against better players. They don't make crap calls - luck is reduced and skill becomes more prominent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hey hey hey,
    there were strong reasons to call your bets :)

First time I just felt like busting you.
    Second hand you won with qj vs q2
    I was playing q2 cause queens had been good to me :)
    Last time with the j6 I was stealing your blind and you called :D
    I went all in with 7-2 after you left cause I wanted to go home, unfortunately I doubled up.
    Then I played nice a tight got to the final table, but got busted in two races and a aj vs. 14 which the other guy won.
    Its called karma my friend :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think you'll find its called "Jam" !

Kipple I'm not whinging I was posting that to have a laugh with PHB who consistently dogged me last night. Like Davey I kinda prefer the more serious games for poker but I enjoy a knockabout with my mates too, win or lose.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Who actually enjoys the freeroll?
    I only play in it because its free
    It is complete and utter luck until final table, and even then its not gona b a proper game :)
    One guy went all in 7 times in a row on my first table, and whats funny is that was actually a good thing for me cause it meant that our tabled wouldn't be behind.

The trick is to never ever ever ever ever ever spend money there :D

Advertisement