Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitz open from 4pm for smaller games.

Options
  • 06-08-2004 12:02pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I went in yesterday to play about 5:30pm just to give some support to the idea. I have to say it was the most fun poker I've played in a long long time.
    Being the first day they had opened the club that early there werent that many there. Frank, Luke The Floor Manager, Dave the Dealer and a couple of the heavy cash players were having a 5-euro freezeout game which, as you might expect, they werent exactly taking seriously!

Luke and I ended up heads up twice and let me tell you, if you think he's scary as a floor manager, dont try playing him at heads up! I won once and lost once. By the end of it I honestly thought he was looking into my soul. I felt like throwing the chips at him and cowering under the table!

There was an awful lot of messin' and slaggin' with Dave kibitzing on my hand and another dealer kibitzing on Lukes! Brendan got threatened with the sack I dont know how many times due to not flopping cards that Luke liked :)

I think I'll just move my bed in there... free drinks, cheap food, sky digital and poker... yup, sounds pretty much perfect!

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

He mentioned low limit cash games as well, for those people who are intimidated by the 50 holdem/omaha.
    The only problem with that would be the rake, although I'd say Luke is willing to reduce the rake to get more people playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

do they have the same sort of thing in there today fellers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

karlh wrote:
    do they have the same sort of thing in there today fellers?
    Yep, every thurs, fri, sat and sunday they open at 4pm. Whoever is around can ask for a Sit'n'go tournament and whoever is interested will play.
    Although I think its fairly quiet in there til about 6pm at the earliest.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah I'm gonna wander in and play in a few Sit'n'Go's at 6ish... probably a few pints later on too...

DeV.

Advertisement