Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinking Games

• 06-08-2004 12:13pm

I have a house party organised for tonight. A mix of Irish and Spanish/Italiens.. But I need a few drinking games. (I'm really disorganised for arranging these games, lol). I have a few from the net, but I'd prefer to know ones you've tried and enjoyed.

Anyone have any decent games, capable of getting people drunk, while having a laugh?

Cheers for any info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭fizzynicenice

one I always did when i was 16/17 was the hour of power.
    2 people take a shot glass of beer every minute on the minute for an hour.
    sounds weak, I know, but it really fúcks you up.
    your getting drunk so steadily and your concentration is shot and by the end (if you last) you are unbearably messily drunk.
    its not great but its an 'i can drink more than you can' thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Bottles and Caps:

I’ve played this game loads of times and it’s a good laugh because someone is always crap at it.

The idea of the game is count up to 21 but all multiples of 5 must be called bottles and all multiples of 7 caps.

Like this: 1, 2, 3, 4, bottles, 6, caps, 8, 9, bottles, 11, 12, 13, caps, bottles, 16, 17, 18, 19, bottles, caps,

One person starts of and will say “To my left” (or to my right whichever he chooses) and then he can say either one, two or three numbers

like this: First Person “To my Left, 1, 2.”

The person on his left must now continue the sequence but cant say two numbers because the last person just has, instead he must say one or three numbers (If he says two numbers he must drink).

Like this: First Person “To my Left, 1, 2.”

Second Person “3, 4, bottles”

The next person then continues on the sequence but cant say three numbers because the last person has, instead he must now say one or two numbers (if he says three he must drink)

Like this: First Person “To my Left, 1, 2.”

Second Person “3, 4, Bottles”

Third Person “6, Caps”

The person who ends up on 21 is the loser and must drink. They then become the person who starts the game again and can add a rule like no right handed drinking or number 12 is now referred to as monkey spunk or whatever and the game starts again. If someone makes a mistake during the game or hesitates too long they have to drink they then become the person who starts and the game starts again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I've played versions of that game.
    The general name for all versions of it is 'Getting everyone hammered as fast as humanly possible'.
    Its a good game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

The matchbox game:

Throw a matchbox over your pint glass, by putting it flat between 2 fingers and swinging your arm.

If it lands flat, nothing happens.
    If it lands on the long narrow side, the person beside you has to drink 1 fingers depth of a pint of beer.
    If it lands on the short narrow side, they have to drink 2 fingers of beer.
    Before they drink, they throw. if they get long narrow or short narrow side, then they don't have to drink their penalty. They pass it onto the next person plus the 1 or two fingers they added - it's cumulative. So you could have 6 or 8 fingers hanging over your head!
    Also, if the matchbox falls off the table or in your beer, you have to instantly drink whatever penalty is coming to you plus 4 fingers.
    The great thing about this, is that once one person gets a bad run, they will become stocious and end up screwing up more and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

play the roxanne game!

everyone needs a beer/spirit or whatever their tipple is, and a seat.

you need to find a copy of the police (or was it just sting?) singing roxanne.

before you put the song on, someone needs to go round and alternately name everyone either 'roxanne' or 'redlight' with instructions that whenever sting sings either names, that group of people need to stand up and take a sip/swig of their drink.

it's quite funny for the first couple of minutes as everyone just about manages to keep up, but halfway through the song he goes a bit bonkers and starts repeating both alternately about 10 times in a row, and the combind acts of drinking, standing & sitting makes the alcohol a lot more potent, and of course if there's lots of people ina small space they all end up bumping into each other and generally having a good laugh.

great game, and you can play it with young or old and minus the booze it even makes a good kids game, as long as they aren't drinking anything that's going to stain the furniture (maybe do it outside in the garden if they all have ribena and you have a cream lounge!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

another good one is:
    every1 drinking cans, puts one can in a circle, then out of all the cans one is shook up loads, then the cans are mixed up. every1 involved then picks up a can and opens it either infront of their nose or over there head, the loser is the one who gets soaked, then the punishment can be laid down in what ever manner is required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

you gotta try the star trek game any sweries will do

eaxch time sexual inuendo is portrayed on screen every one takes a drink
    after about 10 mins each line begins to sound dirty
    ds9 works best i my experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭EdBanger

As a non drinker I find these Halirious

RedDwarf Drinks

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'd go with the "hour of power"....

best drinking game ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The best drinking game I'v ever played is "Sociables"

To play you need a deck of cards (maybe 2 if there is a lot of people) and a lot of drink (you're better off drinking beer - anything like Vodka/Whiskey etc. will get you ****ed up in no time)

Ok.. Jumble all the cards face down on a table in the middle. People (going clockwise) pick up random cards and depending on what card they pick up they have to perform some action:

2,3,4,5,6,7,8 - Player can assign to people an amount of drink (measured in fingers) they must knock back up to the value of the card they picked up.
    eg. Player 1 picks up a 7 - he can now assign for instance 3 fingers of drink to 'player 2' and 4 fingers of drink to 'player 3'. Or he can give all 7 fingers to 'player 4'

Ace - fill a pint glass quarter of the way up with whatever drink you are drinking. The person to get the last (fourth) Ace has to pour in the final quarter with their drink and knock it all back.

9 - Toilet Card: You may not go to the toilet without this card. Other players may get this card off of you by doing some dare.

10 - new rule card: Player who picks this up get to make a new rule (be imaginative)

Jack - Dare card: simple, player with this card can dare anyone (or many people) to do a dare (I'v noticed that clothes swapping is a popular dare). If you forfeit, you have to drink 4 fingers of drink.

Queen - I'v Never card: Player says "I'v never ..... something they've never done " anyone who has done it must drink 3 fingers of their drink.

King - Thumb Rule card: A player who picks up this card can at any point in the game put thumb down on the table (or his/her nose - if not everyone can reach the table). The last player to then do likewise must drink 3 fingers of drink.

Anyway thats all the rules. It may seem like a bit much to follow but I can honestly say I'v never had a bad night when we've played this game. Try and come up with some good dares and rules - these are the most fun.

Actually does anyone have any good ideas for dares/new rules.

A rule I like is this... Any who says the word "what" has to drink 3 fingers of drink - this is much harder to do than it sounds and can be very funny. One incident went like this:

Person A: "What card did you pick up"
    Person B: "Ahhhh, you said it"
    Person A: "Said what?"
    Person B: "Ahhh you said it again"
    Person A: "No I didin't, I said 'What card did you pick up"
    Person B: "You said it again, that's three times"
    Person A: "NO, I DIDN'T, I SAID 'WHAT.....oh ****"

Try this game, you'll like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Mira!!

What you need:
    beer supply
    rotten shot (sambuca / tequila etc), has to be one that no-one *wants* to drink

2 6 sided die
    a cup or other opaque container to roll the dice under.

How to play:

everyone bets an amount of cans of beer. that is their playing pool, (if you're a good liar you are going to be desperate for a drink so you'd better have another can handy)

Now, player one rolls the dice and keeps the result secreat from everyone else. He then calls out the result (he can lie if he wants)
    Player 2 then has to equal or beat the previous players score, or he can call player 1 a liar.

If a player is called, he has to show the dice:
    If they are true the caller takes a drink of beer.
    If he was lying, the roller takes a drink of beer.

the dice scores:
    the results of the dice are called out with the higher number being 10s.
    Doubles are higher than anything except:
    Mira: which is a 2 and a 1 (there is no 21, it is mira instead).

31, 32, 41,42,43,51,52,53,54,61,62,63,64,65, 11 , 22, 33, 44 , 55, 66, 21 (mira)

If a player is caught bluffing or calls wrong and the result was 21(mira) instead of beer the forfeit is the shot that no-one wants.

pretty simple game but good fun. gets you hammered on a few cans because of the stop start drinking.

If some one gets too drunk to finish the cans he staked at the beginning, they go into a pool to be used by the players that run out of beer before they get drunk.

Advertisement