Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My tribes....is f*cked, basically

Options
  • 13-04-2001 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

It seems to install fine,then i go to lan/solo play and i click agree for that license **** and then i get "initializing" screen,next thing that happens is that the pc starts making noise like its about to reboot,or reading floppy drive,and then i get the dreaded blue screen, "Fatal exception" or whatever it is.I'm gutted.
    I just got it today and was looking forward to playing it,and now I find it won't let me. Plz post any ideas you have.
    My pc hasn't done this before with anything,I have the latest detonators for my tnt2,i have ap3 600 and 128 mb RAM.
    Help plz frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You have to install the patch before playing single player. You may have to uninstall+ reinstall then patch before you can play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I've tried that Hobbes,and no use.It won't let me past "intializing" screen.Why does it make the noise it does when its about to shutdown/reading floppy drive?!!
    Also,when it crashes and I press any key to get me back to desktop my res has been reduced to 640 x 480. I'm really ****ed off with this now,and starting to think I got a dodgy copy.So much for getting it early...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Mine also checks the floppy disk, maybe your problem is the display, if youre in opengl got dirct x

[This message has been edited by Rev Hellfire (edited 13-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Try dropping your desktop resolution to 640x480 or 800x600 before you run. Some games can't reconise the high screen resolutions and keel over until the vid has been initialised.

Have you checked your machine for viruses, and disabled the virus checker after that. Also make sure you have loads of swap space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

Bugler,

I have the same problem, when you create the server 2 secs l8er ur comp stalls and it sez: unhandled exception: coooooo5 At address:0000000# something like that [different for everyone].
    It happens on my comp cause I should have a 12MB VRAM on my Graphics Card but i have the old voodoo Banshee one which is only 8MB! FFS I only got this comp in march aswell , damn those Packard Bell dicks.ALL new voodoo's are 16MB so why the f**k did they put a 8MB in my cpu? So what I have to do is wait till next month and get a gf2 for my birthday ggggggrrrrrrr You can play on the internet for awhile but its basically impossible

[This message has been edited by [-Morpheus-] (edited 13-04-2001).]

• Advertisement

Hmmm.Done all of the above guys and no change.Except for swap space.My HD is not short on space....but is there something else I should be doing?? *sigh*.
    Hope you guys are not out of ideas yet....

Morph,don't buy from Packard Bell!

My card is 32mb tnt2,so thats not my problem.This is really ****ing me off.
    I'm losing hope frown.gif
    also guys,as i look at my screeen now it appears to be in a low res,like the boards pages are.
    Hmmmmm

[This message has been edited by bugler (edited 13-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I have the same problem now bugler. My copy worked grand untill the latest patch, now after playing for 5 mins (with lag) i get a UE and drop to 640x480. great patch frown.gif

Lads,new development.
    After using the auto update thingy to get all the patches,i managed to create and account(i think).I thought i had done it,it was asking for all my info etc,so i filled it all in,cept then when it was logging onto the diff things like irc client or whatever,i get to the reading the floppy drive again,and then it crashes,just like before.Pressing any key results in being horsed back to the desktop in glorious 640 x 480.

I have never had such trouble with a game.
    I'm very unhappy with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

well your not the only 1 ..
    mine is acting the b*****s 2,;(

kept on getting UE faults at first, then did the update , started the game trying to do the solo game , it loads up the mission then
    loads the objects then throws me back to my
    desktop..

i'v updated my viv drivers for my V3 2000
    still no joy..

any 1 got any ideas?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

[-Morpheus-] I only got a radeon 2 days ago before that I was running it on a 8mb Vanta without any problems....

I'm not saying what Im saying. I'm not saying what I'm thinking. Im not thinking what Im thinking.
    "Then what are you thinking?"
    I think I need a drink

Lads,I've been on the official forums and its overflowing with complaints.From people with all system specs and OS's.My advice is just to put away your copy and sit tight,check back with the webby after a couple of days and hope they get it together.
    Its been a shameful release of a shoddy product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

Bugler,

If your comp is a win 98 and u installed direct x 8 b4 playing tribes 2 i know how to fix it. Email me cause it will take a bit to explain
    morph
    Im going to do it now

Hmm god i hope.won't get my hopes up though.U dont have ur email add on here.Gimmeh smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

i got pretty much the same prob as u bugler, lemme know if u get a fix.

Aye I will Dabounca,i'm trying to get in touch with morph to see if his fix does the trick.Like i siad before,I wont get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

OK, try this for people having problems with the latest patch.
    Re-install t2, download the patchs from Tribalwar.com. patch up. Make sure there are no .dso files hangin around when you patch.
    Alternativly you could try deleting your .dso files and then d/l the latest patch from TW and patch up.
    Latter worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I'm having probs as well, When i go to do the update it trys to get about 540kb, at the end it says the update is out of date....so i cant get in anywhere!?!?!?!?!!?

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

Advertisement