Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Insurance Crap

• 06-08-2004 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭

Had my t610 stolen from my jacket in a nightclub last week and o2's phonecover are refusing to send me a new phone because the same thing happened to me about a month ago and they are saying i did not take due care and was negligent in the safety of my mobile because its been only a month since i lost my last one. What a load of crap. I appreciate the fact its only been a month since i lost the last one but what the feck am i paying insurance with every bill for if they can turn around and say this to you. There is nothing in their terms/conditions saying that there is any time limit on how many phones you can claim and nowhere does it say that having a phone stolen twice in the space of two months is not covered. They are saying the only thing i can do is write to eagle star who underwrite the policy and make my case to them in the hope they would overturn it.

I hadnt had any reason to talk to them about insurance for several years now but im very unimpressed about this. I wonder what would happen if i rang o2 and told them the story and said im going to move to vodafone instead? I did have an upgrade in january tho so am i still bound by contract to stay with O2 i wonder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, legal advice is kinda OT for here, and I don't see a 'legal advice' board to move it to so perhaps having a word with someone in the legal business / or asking advice from the ODCA might point you in the right direction

just had a quick leaf through the brochure and it has 'Claims as a result of undue care or negligence' listed under 'not covered', so looks like that's what they are referring to

looks like the best course of action is to contact the Policy Providers: Eagle Star Insurance Company (Ireland) Lmited, Ballsbridge Park, Dublin 4

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

... and someone just mentioned this to me: Insurance Ombudsman of Ireland

BrianG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement