Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bush's Latest Gaffe

• 06-08-2004 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

BUSH'S LATEST GAFFE

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13181457,00.html
    The latest addition to the catalogue of "Bushisms" came as he addressed Pentagon chiefs during the signing ceremony of a defence spending bill.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said.

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

No one in Bush's audience of military brass or Pentagon chiefs reacted to the mistake.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Never thought Bush would say something I'd agree with....until now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

He got it spot on for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

what a dunce, how shameful for the people actually working for him, bunch of yes men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well he did **** it up, but lets remember, he's so thick he had to read the speech that some one else probably wrote for him, I'd say they are looking for a new job around now.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Ah Bush, you never fail to amaze me! :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Is there no beginning to the mans talent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Bush's war on the English language. It's just not surprising anymore

http://www.geocities.com/darkcinema/lincoln.htm

Lincoln's Ghost Moves Out

The new Bush administration, however, won't have a choice whether to accept the wise council of the long dead Lincoln. According to psychic gossip columnist Slander VanHorne, Honest Abe considers the new president an idiot - and he's moving out.

"President Lincoln was not only known as the great emancipator," said VanHorne in a telephone interview late Sunday, "but as one of the greatest orators in American history. Listening to President Bush attempting to speak the english language is just plain torture on the old spirit. He can't take it anymore."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I doubt anyone was listening to him anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭carpocrates

I seriously reckon he does this intentionally. Regan pulled this sh1t for 8 years and has just been buried as a hero of the western world simply because he gibbered away like somebody's mentle grandad while he was systematically raping central America and the third world. This striked me as a well honed republican ploy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, I was just thinking that! It could be that his speeches are actually bang on the money. Everyone thinks - HE CAN"T POSSIBLY MEAN THAT!!! But he does, and gets away with it because we all laugh at him for thinking he has no grammor skillz at all, well any skills actually. And he just sits back in the smoky room watching the Kennedy assasination from a new angle...

• Advertisement
Advertisement