Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An evening with Kevin Smith

• 06-08-2004 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭

This

Pleasantly surprised by this very entertaining very chilled, movie, the idea of a director just talking for two hours, not all about his movies but his career, his ideas his arguments, and philosophy, and ancedotes.

It's in Lazer in Ranelagh, which incidently has nearly gone totally DVD, and it's four hours long.

You're left with an strong sensation that american college students are utter morons though.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

It's in Lazer in Ranelagh

off topic but whats the vibe with laser ranelagh in contrast to the georges street branch? i've never ventured in.

bigger/smaller/worse/better selection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

off topic but whats the vibe with laser ranelagh in contrast to the georges street branch? i've never ventured in.

bigger/smaller/worse/better selection?

Slightly smaller, only one floor. Same collection only less, similair vibe (you feel guilty renting anything trashy when they've got such an extensive stock of good films)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

(you feel guilty renting anything trashy when they've got such an extensive stock of good films)

i know the feeling. I've taken the walk of shame with a few Judge Reinhold classics in my time.

i've struck gold a few times in laser though. They're great for off the beaten track directors and b/w classics not to mention music movies and tv boxsets.(they should pay me for that paragraph)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, got this out a few weeks back!

Thought it was great fun. Am a huge fan of his films though.

Loved the Batman story where he has to fight the "big mechanical spider" :)
    Also thought the story about the documentary he was making on Prince was very interesting! Prince comes across as a right lunatic though. Having sex with the open wound was also hilarious - but equally horrible!

There's a sequel to the documentary in the works apparantly: An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder (Die Hard 2 reference in there, i'm guessing!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ye i saw thios and i liked it, very enjoyable still have to get disk2 off a friend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

He comes across as smart and funny bloke which is more than can be said of most of the college students. And even though I'm a big fan of his films I found his stories unrelated to his films the best part(eg. Prince Documentary, Superman)

Advertisement