Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Dj'ing Program

• 06-08-2004 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    thinking about getting into dj'ing from laptops but i just want a program for the moment to mess about with.
    Something with a good GUI,like two decks or something and pretty easy to use.
    Any Suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Traktor is quite good with loadsa features you get on normal DJ mixers,

PCDJ isnt bad either.

also check out the dj console from hercules, looks like a dj mixer with bass/mid/top x-fade and FX unit, and jog wheels for cueing

Also has its own soundcard built in and is a midi controller as well comes with traktor and PCDJ

Oh Yeah bear in mind that if you dont go for somthing like the console you'll need a dual output soundcard for monitoring

I have a decent PCMCIA one, dual output, aiso drivers, optical, midi onefor sale cheap if you need one

www.hercules.com for more info on the console

Steve C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

AtomixMP3 ( www.atomixmp3.com ) and its newer bigger brother Virtual DJ ( www.virtualdj.com ) are worth a look. I use AtomixMP3 all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

another vote for traktor

fairly **** as a standalone program though, you can't seem to use secondary soundcards or surround outputs for monitoring.

alcatech bpm studio is gutten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Havent used traktor in a while but I never had a prob monitoring in it ?

I was using both external multi output soundcard and also used it with an internal c-media soundcard with surround (crap level though on the internal)

Steve C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

traktor is pretty sweet, though with the new release you need a pretty high spec on your pc for the time stretching to work that's not much of a worry though.Make sure you have a quality soundcard, no matter how good the s/w it all depends on the h/w nd vice versa.

I'm surprised abelton wasn't mentioned sasha mixed his new involver in version 3 of it nd theres a new version 4 out soon if it's not out already, piss easy to use aswell and with it's midi capability it opens up a world of possibilities.

• Advertisement
Advertisement