Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pub prices website

• 06-08-2004 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Heard about this site on TodayFM today Not sure if it was posted before
    http://www.drinkfeckgirls.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

Seems a shame these prices are quite old. I heard recently the Pxxxxx Mxxxxx charge just €3 for a pint (presumably Guinness) while on this site it looks like they only offer Beamish for this price. I think also they only charge €2.50 for a pint before 5pm.

Admin: Parnell Mooney put it in or leave it out, your choice- this is NOT an ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What exactly is a 'Baby Guinness'?

Is it a half pint or a Guinness with a teat on top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

ALA google -
    Pour Kahlua, almost filling shot glass. Then, carefully pour Baileys, using wall of shot glass. This will give the "Guinness" its "head".

Neither. A baby Guinness is a descendent (not necessarily - but once the "father" believe's it's his, it is) of Arthur G or his father or grandfather - I believe (never quite managed to verify this! Wasn't putting in too much work anyhow) the name did not exist in Ireland prior to this - origin Cashel.

This will typically give its parents about 4 hours sleep a night - I just wonder will it make nappies black or does have to grow up and drink the stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Bah

Baby Guiness is just a shot glass, partially filled with tia maria, and then baileys is poured in (along the wall of the glass, or with a spoon) so that it floats on top...

• Advertisement

Personally I think a B-52 looks more like a mini-Guinness than any other cocktail (I've only have a few of these and maybe it was just an in-house variant recipie I remember).

Suppose, also it does depend on how generous the barman is with various ingredients - I don't know what's in it, but I think kahlua, baileys & vodka - something else to make it darker I think. Could be Fernet Branca an italian liquor.

A few of these anyhow and I could end up fathering a new member of the Guinness family and wouldn't remember the next day ;)

Advertisement