Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 inet connections split

Options
  • 06-08-2004 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭

hihi

i have a thing i want to do...

basically i have wireless broadband and i still have ISDN, and the wireless broadband has sometimes poor routing to some servers i like to play counter strike on

what i want to do is use the wireless broadband connection to connect and use its bandwidth for a voice utility called ventrilo.

and then i want to use the isdn connection for counter strike

i dont wanna involve another pc to do the job as i have been told would work, id just like it to work on this pc alone, and of course i can disable and enable it as i please

thanks to anyone that can shed some light

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fractal

Windows machine Im presuming.....

Figure out the ip address's of CS servers your using....

Open a cmd window...
    type:
    route -p add CS_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS mask 255.255.255.255 ISDN_DEFAULT_GATEWAY_IP_ADDRESS

repeat that for every ip you want to connect to via the ISDN.. Not a nice way to do it... There may be better ways... Im not too familiar with windows routing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

all advice is appritiated, thanks a lot, ill give it a shot

and yeah windows xp ;)

ive tried it and its not worked

route -p add CS_SERVER_IP mask 255.255.255.255 ISDN_CLIENT_IP

if i goto cmd promt and type "route print" it shows up, but again anything that needs to use bandwidth, it uses the isdn

as soon as i dial into the isdn, from a route print, the isdn client ip takes over as the default gateway and the wireless is redundant

heres a few pics.

wireless only: http://www.waterparkcollege.com/barra/1.jpg

isdn dialed up: http://www.waterparkcollege.com/barra/2.jpg

Right do exactly the following and tell me what happens..

Disconnect isdn and wireless. (Start from scratch)
    Reconnect wireless
    Reconnect ISDN
    cmd
    route -p add CS_SERVER_IP mask 255.255.255.255 ISDN_DEFAULT_GATEWAY
    route -p add 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 WIRELESS_DEFAULT_GATEWAY

what may be happening is DHCP from the ISDN after dial up is messin your settings..

Im 99% certain that if windows is actually following those instructions it will work.

Let me know how you get on..

i managed to do it due to ur initial advice, i havent tried anything from your last reply, ill tell u what i did though...

i tried doing it the way you said, but counter strike is played off a system called steam, which would issue me with an invalid steamID ticket due to the fact i had a diff ip to the one i had signed into the program with, i couldnt fix this no matter what i did, it kept coming back with the error

so.. i just turned it around, i let the isdn take all bandwidth when it dials in, and since the wireless goes redudant when ISDN is on, i simply just routed the wireless connection to the ventrilo server ip from the command you gave me

route -p add VENTRILO_IP mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.1

and it works :D

thank you for your help fractal

• Advertisement

NP at all!

Happy counter-striking! :)

Advertisement