Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tax is up, got no renewal form

Options
  • 06-08-2004 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

I got a secondhand bike through a private sale a few months back and the tax expires this month. As yet I haven't recieved a renewal form so my question is, how exactly do I go about renewing my tax?

Just asked here because I didn't feel like phoning my local MTO and getting passed around from person to person waiting for an answer. Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Was the change of ownership registered, Do you have the registration document?

If yes it is possible your details were just not added to the auto mail-out. You will have to go in person to the tax office and fill out the long form renewal document and queue. :mad:

You could try ringing them up to get a standard renewal form (RF 100B) sent out but it is probably too late now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

yes, I have the registration document. I've had it since.. ooh the start of May I'd say.

Balls to waiting in the queue, I'll renew when I come back from my holidays at the end of the month. Thanks for the info John

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I had the same problem when I got my car, as presumably the notification letter had been sent out to the previous owner.

Most Garda stations will have a tax renewal form which you can send in. Theres a little more details to be filled in, but the MTO will be able to give you any details you don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

cant u do it online these days ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I can't anyway... Just checked the website and it says you need a pin number that is printed on your renewal form. I'll go chat to the cops next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement